X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian258

Anyone have cuttings or rooted plants they are selling? Thanks Chris
    Zone 7a Galloway, NJ

That one can be tough to get Chris, good luck!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I've got cuttings rooting now with plans to start selling some trees around the end of March or so. I'm swamped with orders for other cuttings right now, no time to ship trees!
      My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Can I get on ur list Harvey?
        Zone 7a Galloway, NJ

Comment

• HarveyC
          HarveyC commented
          Editing a comment
          It's in my signature line as approved by Ourfig Admin. Please communicate via email on my site, thanks.

I see plant creator has 2 for sale on eBay. whats a good price
        Zone 7a Galloway, NJ

Comment

http://figaholics.com/cuttings.htm
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Originally posted by Italianstallon99 View Post
            I think you don't see lot's of that one, so the prices will be high. How high? Just watch that auction til it ends and that will let you know if it's a good price for you.
            Houston, TX Zone 9a

Comment

Originally posted by Italianstallon99 View Post
              A good price is what you are willing to pay for it.
              Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

There is an old saying about what something is worth. It is worth what you are willing to pay when you can no longer live without it or what you are willing to take for it when you can no longer live with it.
                Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Some ideas as what the current market is.

Recently sold on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...p2045573.m1684

Current auctions on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...8+fig&_sacat=0
                  Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Haha thanks I just won the one 3 gallon tree for 175.00
                    Zone 7a Galloway, NJ

Comment

Should I take the air layer or root cutting?
                      Zone 7a Galloway, NJ

Comment

• Visceral
                        Visceral commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Both the rooted cutting and the air layer I see from Plant Creator look very nice. Personally, I'd ask him/her which one had more root growth and get that one.

I would recommend air layering. I've had better success air layering I 258. Hope that helps.
                      Ryan aka churl82 on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/churl82
                      "wherever you stand be the soul of that place" ~ Rumi

Comment

I second the air layer! I've been trying to root an I258 since Christmas eve (many thanks to Santa G!😉) and so far it's alive but still no roots.. Has had a beautiful callous since mid January & it recently leafed out with two tiny leaves but one has dropped off already so I'm beginning to worry some.. So if you have the choice, I believe the airlayer is probably the best way to go.. Especially if your rooting skills are at the novice/noob level (like me lol)..
                        My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
                        https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

• Visceral
                          Visceral commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The OP isn't going to have to root a plant. Plant-creator has already done it. He is giving OP the option of buying a fully rooted cutting or an airlayer.

• Jamie0507
                          Jamie0507 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ohh Okay gotcha.. I wasn't sure why he had the choice, but I see now. Either way an airlayer seems the better choice over a rooted cutting IMHO.. Though it would definitely depend on how long the airlayer has been going & if it has developed enough roots to support itself versus how well rooted the cutting is.. Thanks for setting me straight though

The one cutting of I 258 I had ripening showed roots after only a few weeks and I potted it up yesterday in a rooting cup.
                        The cuttings stacked in higher boxes that were also warmer seemed to put out roots faster. Temps of 78-80 degrees have been suggested but warmer temps seem to work faster for some cuttings.
                        The I 258 cutting went straight from the tree to the box, so it was the freshest possible. That seems to make a difference compared to cuttings I buy that have been sitting in someone's fridge for a while.
                        Mara, Southern California,
                        Climate Zone: 1990=9b 2012= 10a 2020=?

Comment

• jmaler
                          jmaler commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fresh and viable cuttings are key to rooting success. Folks feel badly sometimes about losing cuttings when it's not their fault at all.

• Jamie0507
                          Jamie0507 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know I feel really bad about the way this one seems to be going.. Mostly because it was gifted to me by a very generous member and I really appreciate it.. Plus I wanted to be able to do the same in the future for another member. It was a total surprise in my mailbox on Christmas Eve! I'm smiling just thinking about how silly I must of looked when I opened the parcel in my driveway & did some outrageous happy dance moves after seeing the I258 inside

• joann1536
                          joann1536 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The fresh cuttings have also done better for me than the older ones from the refrigerator. However, I picked up a jar of rooting hormone at my mother's house while I was cleaning it out this past fall. Powdered. The cuttings I dunked into the jar have all rooted, regardless of whether or not they came out of the fridge.

If the airlayer has been potted a couple months, it would be my choice because there may be a better chance of it producing this year for you. If recently potted the roots may not be very mature and well attached to the plant.
                        Plants from Plant Creator are nailed to the box. After removing the nails open both ends of the box and either separate the box length wise at the verticle seam or use a utility knife to cut the box long ways, then fold open the box. His plants are very well packed. Some of the best packing I have seen.
                        Last edited by jmaler; 02-12-2016, 10:58 AM.
                        Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Working...
                        X