X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got a rack setup for my Figs!

I got tired of having figs all over the house (its 32 out right now so cant put much outside at this point). These are most of the ones ive rooted / am rooting. Theres about 20 more in the other room that need to be uppotted but this is the rig so far. $80 rack from home depot. Its 48x24x76 and incredibly sturdy. I put plastic trash bags under the pots to catch and small drain out and I think they are spaced enough that I should still be able to water them relatively easily. Fingers crossed and wish me luck! My rootings are up top catching some heat from the light and staying about 78 degrees and 80% humidity. Also on the rack is a few plumeria I rooted, some other trees im growing and my first attempt at grafting that I dont expect to survive haha Learning lessons abound.

Im just happy I have 1 place to put them all now and deal with them. Its in my office so I can see progress / have a nice distraction too haha.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    2021: The year of figs and a new love of Citrus thanks to http://www.madisoncitrusnursery.com

Looks good Lou. I think it's about I do the same. By the way, my CB1 cuttings are doing great.

Comment

• LouNeo
      LouNeo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats awesome! I finally put mine in to root. The pic on the bag was the actual tree. I am calling it Carolina Beach 1 Unknown it was found on Carolina beach NC and theres 10-15 other trees ive found there. Hoping to get back when everything is fruiting to see if any of them are worth grabbing more cuttings from. Im happy they are doing well so far. The mother tree was gnarly and tons of fruit scars on it. Im hopeful

Nice rack Lou!!!

I'm getting ready to the same thing inside my greenhouse to make room not only for figs, but to start a ton of seed for my garden. I need a bigger greenhouse!!!!!!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

β€œThough the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• LouNeo
      LouNeo commented
      Editing a comment
      Im hoping to use this for a few more weeks until its warm enough to put things in the greenhouse for a couple months before getting outside. Its been low 30s at night, I dont trust the setup outside yet. Havent gotten a chance to fully test it. Soon This will then end up for seedlings for the garden. Need to start those soon!

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah..... my greenhouse is in the garage... and insulated.... and a man is it nice to hang out in while there is 14" of snow outside!

I did better than you, I got the same one for $50. I put it in the greenhouse. It is full of 1 gal figs and pomegranates, I should have got two.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
    Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

• growcrazie
      growcrazie commented
      Editing a comment
      On sale at home depot

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Got to love a sale!!!

Nice!

• growcrazie
      growcrazie commented
      Editing a comment
      yep

Good job Amico. I am think to do angle pot hanging in GH from walls because of space. Tis way can grow out and up 😁
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Looks great Lou! You're going to run out of room soon, heheh. Get them in the greenhouse next month and you should be fine. Post some pics of your greenhouse, we would all love to see it.

I have a similar setup and just need to get the 3rd shoplight for the top tier, but your a bit ahead of me right now, so i only need 2 lights. Either that or just assemble my grow-tent and not spend the money on top tier.
      May the Figs be with you!
      ​​​​​

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
        Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
        Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

Working...
        X