Both of my targets where gone when I tried to pay. That sucks
    Actively seeking any and all varieties
    #Sharing is caring
    Courtenay, BC 🇨🇦 zone 8a

Comment

• Figtron
      Figtron commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I was about 12 hours late to the game and had multiples no longer available when I tried to check out.
      I managed to get some of my third tier stuff though lol. I thought I was so prepared too. Next year!

Take-or-Pay

Comment

I had stuff in my cart but ultimately decided not to purchase. I’ve spent enough for the year and still have an order to pay for yet with a certain cool as heck fig lady. But I was so so tempted.

del sen juame gran
      cotio verdeal
      san vincenzo
      great black
      violet sepor
      lampeira preta
      De tres esplets
      Willamette Valley Oregon, zone 8b. WL: zaffiro, Black Tuscan, rodgrod, campaniere, CLBC, de la Gloria, thermalito, del sen juame gran, Sangue dolce, St Martin, Jack Lily, vincenzo, verdolino, hmadi, Syrian dark, raasti

Comment

• Lanachka
        Lanachka commented
        Editing a comment
        You are intriguing the rest of us here: who is “cool as heck fig lady”?

• Sod
        Sod commented
        Editing a comment
        Her name rhymes with “slay me” lol

I’m allowed to add to the cart but I cannot check out due to being sold out. I go back to the listings though and it doesn’t say sold out...what’s up?
      Marlton, NJ (Zone 6b/7a)

Comment

• ginamcd
        ginamcd commented
        Editing a comment
        It's explained in item #5 at the top of the page.

• Lucrative
        Lucrative commented
        Editing a comment
        Same thing happened to me. I realized I could add it if it wasn't available, but when it tells you it's not available, it doesn't remove it from the cart. If you click "back to shopping" or whatever instead of "back to cart", the cart disappears until you add something else, then you have to check out again and manually remove the sold out variety before you can move on.

• HarveyC
        HarveyC commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought I might have 10 or 15 items sell out tonight but it's about 85 and that's after I added more inventory for about 12 varieties. I updated the site a little bit ago but will probably have more sold out items by tomorrow morning. I did very little posting about my upcoming sale on my own FB page and only once my my own web site and nowhere else but it still went crazy.

Ok everything was sold out at checkout, I ended up with only 2 cuttings. I went ahead and paid for them, figured I would just go back and buy some more. No go ghost rider, Harvey will not combine shipping this year. So I guess I am done for the evening, I cannot afford to pay $12 for every couple of cuttings that happen to be available when I go to checkout.
      Central Florida zone 9b
      Wish List BNR, CdD Mutante, Rubado, Calderona, Harry's Crete, and Cavaliere

Comment

Hi, my name is Lana and I have an addiction 😅
        How do you deal with the feeling after overspent some $, more than initially planned?

Comment

• Lanachka
          Lanachka commented
          Editing a comment
          Very happy and excited for my new varieties 🎉😸
          Thank you Harvey for making them available 👍🏻

How many people are now racing over to FigBid to look for a second chance for some of these sold out cuttings? Ha...
        Somebody smart who has a stash of high demand cuttings should capitalize on this opportunity....
        Piney Point Village, Zone 8b

Comment

• efletche
          efletche commented
          Editing a comment
          Been there, done that!!

Still don’t see shopping cart buttons etc .
        very frustrating . Not sure why.
        james
        zone 5b Western NY, USA, wish list
        De Tres Esplets,Negronne,Pastiliere

Comment

• Figarious Maximus
          Figarious Maximus commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to reboot my phone.

• clayguy50
          clayguy50 commented
          Editing a comment
          Changed browsers and it worked.
          Thanks ! Only took me an hour to figure it out 😬. still managed to get 5 out of 7 .

• HarveyC
          HarveyC commented
          Editing a comment
          See rule/tip #1 on my order page. I use my phone a lot but not for anything as intense as this.

got mine except the Bass' Favorite (BFF) Darn you fast clickers ;-)

Comment

• Bellefleurs
          Bellefleurs commented
          Editing a comment
          TheMillennialGardener, BFF is supposedly not great for humid, rainy conditions....

• HarveyC
          HarveyC commented
          Editing a comment
          I had 58 in my shopping cart when the sale started. I consulted with someone who said my original planned price was too low so I increased it $5 but that didn't slow down folks much!

• TheMillennialGardener
          TheMillennialGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          Bellefleurs I know, but it just looks so good I want to try it.

Which one of you swiped all of the Violeta (yes, one T) and the CdD Ciutat cuttings?
        As I am typing this a gnat just flew across my screen...yikes. Perhaps this is my sign that I shouldn't collect any more cuttings.....
        Last edited by Bellefleurs; 01-12-2020, 10:05 PM.
        Piney Point Village, Zone 8b

Comment

• davej
          davej commented
          Editing a comment
          You need to wipe your screen down with Gnatrol.

• Bellefleurs
          Bellefleurs commented
          Editing a comment
          @davej...LOL
          I have some mixed up and ready to go...on another note, perhaps I have a very sensitive sense of smell but does that stuff smell AWFUL or what? OMG

I'm pissed.. I was using firefox and it never went live on there. Finally figured out I should try another browser and most on my wishlist where sold out already
        Monterrey, MX Zone 10b // San Antonio,TX Zone 9a
        WL: Thermalito, Exquisito, CC, HdA, CdD's

Comment

• davej
          davej commented
          Editing a comment
          I was using regular Firefox and it worked fine. Placed my order. However later I tried to go back and got a network timeout. At that point I think Harvey's server might have been too busy.

• HarveyC
          HarveyC commented
          Editing a comment
          I had it loading on Firefox and Chrome on two different computers to check and it loaded fine for me. Sorry you had troubles.

• Mateo Milmo
          Mateo Milmo commented
          Editing a comment
          I was refreshing from the get go that it started, it never went live on my firefox browser for some reason. I guess I'll play next year and hope for a better experience.

Originally posted by Mateo Milmo View Post
        I'm pissed.. I was using firefox and it never went live on there. Finally figured out I should try another browser and most on my wishlist where sold out already
        Just one on my wishlist was left sadly. I had Cotio Verdal, Hative d' Argentile, Dels Ermitans, Blava Campanera, De la Senyora and Curio de Bou... the only one that was still available was Campanera.

TheMillennialGardener
        I'll check it out, thank you.
        Monterrey, MX Zone 10b // San Antonio,TX Zone 9a
        WL: Thermalito, Exquisito, CC, HdA, CdD's

Comment

I take it he will combine ship for those of us who bought multiple times. If not not biggie.

Comment

• ginamcd
            ginamcd commented
            Editing a comment
            See #7 at the top of the cuttings order page.

• artsjustforgrowing
            artsjustforgrowing commented
            Editing a comment
            #7 on his tips and items of note reads "We cannot combine multiple orders. Some customers may make numerous orders to get items before they sold out and then ask that we combine them and refund excess shipping. This creates a huge logistical problem for us, often there are a hundred or more orders by other customers between those multiple orders, and so we will ship orders in the same order they are received."

• HarveyC
            HarveyC commented
            Editing a comment
            see my comment under post 46 on why not

Originally posted by Mateo Milmo View Post
          Just one on my wishlist was left sadly. I had Cotio Verdal, Hative d' Argentile, Dels Ermitans, Blava Campanera, De la Senyora and Curio de Bou... the only one that was still available was Campanera.

TheMillennialGardener
          I'll check it out, thank you.
          I got 2 of them on your list! Blava, Cotio Verdeal, Hative d' Argentile...they all show in stock for me. Try again. I don't see any of those as out of stock.
          Zone 8A Southeast NC Coast
          Subscribe via YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMillennialGardener
          Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NCGardening

Comment

• Mateo Milmo
            Mateo Milmo commented
            Editing a comment
            I gave it another try and they are indeed sold out.

• Mateo Milmo
            Mateo Milmo commented
            Editing a comment
            I would be too, you got some of the good ones haha
            Best of luck with the rooting

• TheMillennialGardener
            TheMillennialGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, it's incredible how fast they sold out. Crazy! Some of you guys are nuts!

That was fun but a little painful since I’ve not participated in one of his sales and not sure what to expect. I got 13 but wasn’t fast enough and missed out on seven of the higher end ones. I did save around $150!
          Central IL Z6a
          WL: Roots on the nice cutting I have!

Comment

Got my beautiful Beltrana
            Evan....I mean Eric.
            SoCal - Zone 10a

Comment

Nothing I wanted is available! The price I pay for watching football. I need to go punch my teddy bear now.
              Phoenix, Arizona 9B

Comment

Did anybody get multiple patlican? I wanted to get that one but couldn’t justify the shipping charge for just one or 2 cuttings. I’d be willing to trade something I have for one. PM me.
                Willamette Valley Oregon, zone 8b. WL: zaffiro, Black Tuscan, rodgrod, campaniere, CLBC, de la Gloria, thermalito, del sen juame gran, Sangue dolce, St Martin, Jack Lily, vincenzo, verdolino, hmadi, Syrian dark, raasti

Comment

• ginamcd
                  ginamcd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's a $20 minimum so you either would have needed to buy three, or go with two and then go find another variety to buy. That's what happened to me the last two years -- I had to go choose a second variety to get to the minimum.

• Sod
                  Sod commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh wow. I didn’t even see that. Maybe I’ll get some from him next year but I’m good waiting it out for now.

I was able to get souadi but missed out on sao miguel roxo.

Comment

WooHoo!!! That was fun!! I may have to go back for doubles!!
                  Bill
                  New Madrid, Mo. Z7

——

We all bleed fig-honey!

Comment

That was a fun! This is the first year that I really went for the mad dash. Hats off to Harvey, he runs a great operation, and I've had fantastic success with his cuttings.
                    Looking for Black Bursa, Paratjal Rimada

SoCal, zone 10a

Comment

I saw this post too late. I could've sworn I checked his facebook yesterday or day before and it didn't mention sale time. Oh well. There's always next year. Congrats to those who got what they wanted, I know that it was an intense clicking race.
                      San Jose CA, Zone 9b
                      Wish list: GR, CC, CLBC, MIB, Burgan UNK, WM#1, Cali Candy, Brandon St Unk, Sangue Dolce, Calderona, Smith, Martinenca Rimada, Campaniere, Thermalito

Comment

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I posted late Friday morning on my Figaholics FB page that I was hoping to start my sale at 6:00PM Pacifc on January 12th. Many people did not see that so I posted a screenshot of it again on Saturday. Seems lots of people saw it based on the crazy volume of orders I had.

• Nomnoms
                        Nomnoms commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I see. I must've checked your FB page before that and remembered the timing wrong. I apologize

Background on the 15 minute delay:
                      1. I wanted to drive everybody crazy. Not really!
                      2. I spent 3 days coding cart buttons and entering inventory numbers, alert levels, assigning item numbers (Item 024-04 is Black Tuscan, the 24th variety on my list, located in tub #4 in my walk-in cooler).
                      3. I had a friend testing my shopping cart buttons for me and I tested the rest of them to make sure they worked properly.
                      4. I spent late this afternoon confirming the item # and inventory amount was correct for over 300 varieties. All but one were correct, and got it fixed.
                      5. But then a friend testing for me said that they could place more in their cart then I had in inventory, this was 15 minutes before launch. Dang!
                      6. PayPal screwed up big time in 2017 and 2018 allowing the over-sale and under-sale of some varieties. They doubted me at first but I convinced them and after 18 months they closed my trouble ticket. IT worked fine in 2019 but I was worried that maybe they screwed things up.
                      7. After more testing, I determined that I could not check out with more of a variety than I had in my cart, although I could place it in the cart. Not ideal, but I decided it wasn't a big deal for most people choosing 1 or 2 of a variety so I decided to launch at 6:15.
                      8. I may use a different cart system if I keep this up, though I keep saying this is way more work than I want to keep doing. My wife will retire in June and we will decide about that later. I personally like the fact that all of my varieties are on one page even though it is a very long page. We'll see if I'm a am up for more punishment next year.

I had about as many orders (# and $) in 4 hours tonight as in 3 weeks last year. Not what I expected at all. I know many people had disappointments but there were many more happy folks, I think.
                      My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        venturabananas this is something I do not control, it is a PayPal shopping cart. I wish PayPal had a better shopping cart experience. I may look for something else or may just retire.

• venturabananas
                        venturabananas commented
                        Editing a comment
                        HarveyC, no you not allowed to retire! ;-) What would we do without you?! I bet there are some computer savvy members here who would be willing to help you make a better shopping cart experience for free (or perhaps a few choice cuttings!).

• FigHopeful
                        FigHopeful commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There will always be people who complain!! Many members warned the sales go fast. People could have been a bit more prepared. Supply can’t possibly meet demand. I made a list and put it in alphabetical order; everyone had a fair shot in my opinion. People who really wanted those cuttings were refreshing both FB for updates, and the website for action!! These cuttings would be more out of reach to people at higher prices and I don’t think that’s a good solution for slowing sales. This fig hobby can be expensive and for many The Figaholics sale is their best and most affordable chance at acquiring many of the more sought after varieties. Ignore everyone Harvey! I appreciate you 😊

I was a little surprised that Harvey isn’t growing a Burgan Unknown tree. I see he’s growing a Golden Rainbow and a couple of other recent discoveries.
                      Zone 9B WL: Violeta with one ‘T’.
                      all other wishlist cuttings have been acquired

Comment

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've been growing it since 2018 but it has grown slowly for me. Maybe I'll graft it onto something more vigorous or just leave it to Brian to supply folks.

Did everyone get confirmation emails of their order? I placed my order and for some reason was forced to use PayPal as a guest, and never received a confirmation email.
                      Tom Hall
                      Sacramento, Ca / Zone 9b
                      W/L: Côtio Verdeal, Paraíso, Inchário Branco, CdDB, Violeta, Dolce Cuore

Comment

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I also don't get emails from PayPal for all orders. I waited for 4-5 hours today for a transaction log for all of my orders from 6:16pm yesterday until 2:27pm today. This is critical to me as it makes sure I can see every order clearly and then I add an internal order number so when people email me about an order, I can print that email out and reference the order number and my make note of the email on my transaction log. Later in the day I did another transaction log download and it came almost immediately. I had 736 orders as of 5:56pm so, yes, it is very hectic. We sold more cuttings this year in 24 hours than we did in 3 weeks last year and I thought last year was crazy.

PayPal did allow the over-sale of several items but I think I have enough to fill those slight gaps (usually just 1 cutting) and I assume it's because of two people checking out at almost the same exact time, but who knows. It was a bigger problem in 2017 but okay in 2018 and 2019. There might be up to 5-6 cuttings (in total) that we are short on but I am hoping not. With two customers, they ordered items that were left in their shopping cart since a year ago! I know this for a fact as the assigned item number for the varieties match up with those used in 2019. I deleting all shopping cart buttons from last year and start with a brand new set for this year but PayPal does not clear out those carts which is insane. I don't think either of those customers will impact me unable to fill an order, however.

I've also had numerous people email me that "PayPal used the wrong mailing address". In other words, they had moved and not updated the address in PayPal so that is another issue I will have to contend with with.

We did not ship any orders last night. As indicated on a few updates last night and earlier today I had gone out with a flashlight twice to look at trees and add more cuttings to my cart inventory either shortly after they ran out or just before and today we pruned 715 more cuttings to supply that added inventory. They I've spent several hours with the transaction log to use it to verify sold out varieties (and the oversold items).

I'm estimating it will take up to three weeks to ship out the orders placed thus far. I have thought about just taking my order page down so I could just focus on shipping but this would probably make some people angry that were still shopping with items in a cart.

I just sold out of two more varieties while typing this message and will update my order page again. I "think" it will be accurate in 2 minutes!

• TigerTom
                        TigerTom commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow, HarveyC, if you don't even get notifications from PayPal, I think I'll just sit in the corner and keep quiet.

That's ridiculous.

And 736 orders in 24 hours?! I have no idea how you survive the cutting sale!

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think sometimes I get the confirmation delayed by several hours but that makes it nearly useless for me since they'll be in my inbox very much out of order. Fortunately, PayPal allows me to download a transaction log, though the first one did take them 4-5 hours to process. Subsequent ones were available immediately.

The pace of sales was very crazy. After 5 minutes, we had 110 orders, after another 5 minutes 217 orders, then the pace slowed to 270, etc. This reflects why we stated on our order page that we're not combining orders. A person might make another purchase just 5 minutes later but have 50-100 orders between them that deserve to be shipped first. Sales have slowed way down in the past day, as one can expect since 175 varieties are sold out. We do still have some very nice things, though, IMO.
                    Working...
                    X