X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Labritja Fig, anyone have it, is there a different name for it

I bid and lost on this variety and checked later to find out the two cuttings sold for over $200, I bid on it because the fruits looked great in the pic, but didnt expect it to be that desirable.
    Attached Files
    MJ
    Chicago Zone 5
    Fig Collection Figbid Listings

I lost 5 listings for FDM4USA cuttings, I only bid on these because the fruits looks really good and a couple of them seems like a really good for dry figs. Im really disappointed I couldn't get at least one. Good luck for whoever won them.
    MJ
    Chicago Zone 5
    Fig Collection Figbid Listings

Comment

I’ve been watching their listings as well. All their figs look awesome. I still wish I would have won this fig... its on my one that got away list...
      Attached Files
      Vancouver, WA Zone 8b See profile for current varietal list
      WL: Cessac, Burgan, Nuestra Senora del Carmen, Boysenberry Blush, Dolce Calderai, Cardenillo, Iranian Candy, Petrovaca, Joualle rouge

Comment

• Bellefleurs
        Bellefleurs commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are beautiful!

Just wait on all of them. Let them get spread around, the price will drop and people will report on which ones are good.
      Oregon, Z 8b. WL: zaffiro, campaniere, thermalito, DSJG, verdolino, Green mich, rubado, sodus Sicilian, Burgan, petravaca bijela, valle negra, fiorone di ruvo, st. Martin, qudsaya, cherry cordial, cul d’asse, grise de st Jean, iznot, salce, verdal negra, BNR, RDS, PR

Comment

• Avant_gardener
        Avant_gardener commented
        Editing a comment
        This definitely seems like the smart play. Surprising they’re going for so much given how little info seems available for some of em.

Originally posted by MJA829 View Post
      FDM4USA cuttings
      These folks sell varieties introduced by Figues du Monde:

https://figuesdumonde.wordpress.com/
      Fruit crazed in Vista CA. http://tangentvectors.org

Comment

It is unlikely that figs with about. Ibiza will good fruiting well in Chicago. Possibly imported illegally?
        Andrew

Comment

• Richard
          Richard commented
          Editing a comment
          They do "the fig shuffle" in Chicago.
          The cuttings are imported by the status quo method, then propagated legally here in the U.S.

• acerpictum
          acerpictum commented
          Editing a comment
          The seller's first and only mention of this variety was on figbid from Old Greenwich. I thought that the variety was imported to the United States recently.
          Is this some raritet from a small village on a small island? Or a synonym for a varieties well known on the mainland?
      Working...
      X