X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart.com

Since our local Walmart is tiny, although called a 'supercenter'...I needed to order this online and picked it up today. Not bad for 7.97 each, especially if it does expand to 2.25 cu ft. Ready to fill some Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200114_142842235.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	693476Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200114_142848928.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	693477 pots soon.
    Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b
    WL: Atreano; Azores Dk; Brooklyn White; Dominick; Maltese Beauty; Mary Lane; Golden Riverside

I got the same one, but have not use. Cheapest per dry weight. I hope it works well.
    Sacramento, CA 9B
    WL: More space for fig trees!

Comment

That is exactly what I'm using and that stuff is amazing. I just recommended it to JustinGrowsFigs
      South Florida - 10b

Comment

I'm also using that exact soil, it's working so far.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I am starting to participate in this forum, and please let me know how to initiate new thread and post in the forum. I have tried to add a new issue but no success .

The only way to communicate with the forum is using the bottom icon "POST REPLY", located at very bottom at right of the screen

I say thanks for any help.

Gilberto.

Comment

• YATAMA
            YATAMA commented
            Editing a comment
            forum has suddenly changed I also cannot post new topics. see word TESTING at the top and lot of good advice in stickys is missing. we got zero warning this was coming.

• artsjustforgrowing
            artsjustforgrowing commented
            Editing a comment
            YATAMA go to the far right of where you see test and click on the circled minus icon. It should change to + and go back to the normal layout.

Sounds like good stuff for plants. anyone know whats in it?
          Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST BURGAN UNK, ZAFFIRO,

Comment

• cepeders
            cepeders commented
            Editing a comment
            Its coco coir. I use a lot of it mixed with perlite for rooting.

• Otis
            Otis commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, the packaging states its 100% coconut coir. From the above comments, I'm glad I found it much better price then the small bricks I was getting from amleo and a few other sources.

• RocketSkates
            RocketSkates commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the same stuff, from Walmart; by spending 35 bucks or more the shipping is free. Unbelievable that it’s a better deal than Amazon. I’d like to know the where I can find the best price on HP pro mix; I’ve never used it but seeing as how everyone on here raves about it, I’m wondering where the preferred place to buy is.

Appreciate info. sounds like great tip for people needing some.
          Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST BURGAN UNK, ZAFFIRO,

Comment

Good post! I've been using expandable coco coir compressed bricks sold for reptile bedding. They are drastically over priced and sold in small volume. Great find!
            Volcano, 7a VA

Comment

Back in August sometime a Walmart that is about 20 minute drive had these priced down to $3.50 each. I purchased what they had left. I haven't used Coco Coir in about two years but couldn't pass this up. Now, I'll root some cuttings in it and use some in my potting mix.
              Zone 8B Lockhart, Texas - WL- Thermalito, I258, CDDN, Azores Black, CDD Gegantina, Cherry Cordial,Texas Peach

Comment

Yes, I did the same, only I was able to purchase mine for less than $3.50 in the fall.
                If you choose these packages wisely, some are thicker than others so its a pretty good deal.

Comment

• Otis
                  Otis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was happy finding them for under 8 bucks. I was paying that or more for bricks 1/3rd their size. If they ever turn up online for 3.50 again, I'll be tripping over myself to be ordering lots more.

Definitely going into price watch mode on these. Thanks all!
                Volcano, 7a VA

Comment

Walmart had these today for $12.22 I picked up a couple, but then we ended up going to the hydroponics store and bought a bigger bale so I returned them. Our walmart also doesn't carry the Coco coir, we ordered it over the summer and picked up at the store. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0441[1].JPG
Views:	156
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	694496
                  Central Florida zone 9b
                  Wish List Thermalito, Exquisito

Comment

I think the last buggy of those I picked up were under $2, but some had small nicks and a hint of expansion. All good to me.
                    N. GA 7B
                    UPDATED! Wish list: CDD Mutante, BFF, SE tolerant stone fruit, blackberries...

Comment

Last month I found a hydro store that had a good price for Pro-Mix BX AND would ship it to me cheap. So I thought I was set for up-potting. But they never shipped and never shipped, so after three weeks I got a refund.
                      What do.
                      I bought some coir last summer and had one brick left ... but it was practically hydrophobic. It took two days to take on its own volume in water. But then I saw this thread and ordered two bricks this morning ... and the pro-mix showed up this afternoon.
                      Zone 10a San Diego | Wishlist: Thermalito, Exquisito, TC12, 187-25, Feather River, Emalyn's purple, fig wasps on tap, an easy to grow lychee, Kahalu'u Rimada

Comment

• Otis
                        Otis commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL...that's always the way.
                    Working...
                    X