X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Looking for Cherry/Pomegranate Scion

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to round up a few varieties before the spring hits. Does anyone have these for sale?

Stella Sweet Cherry
    Kazake Pomegranate
    Eversweet Pomegranate
    Ambrosia Pomegranate

Thanks!
    -Ross
    Last edited by ross; 02-10-2016, 12:45 PM.
    Zone 7A - Philadelphia
    Flavor Profiles & Variety List / Facebook / YouTube / Blog

My pomegranates have already woke up, I may have plants this summer
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
    Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

I have ambrosia, eversweet, sweet, wonderful, kashmir, and parfianka pomegranates. I also have the Stella Cherry but have already pruned it for the year so no cuttings left!

I can send you some pomegranate cuttings of any of those varieties. Anyone else is welcome to them as well.

Comment

• ross
        ross commented
        Editing a comment
        PM sent!

Hi Ross, I have eighteen or so Angel Red trees in-ground; Most have three seasons on them, and are 8 to 10 ft, but a couple were planted last season, and are about 4'. Each have four to six trunks, in a splayed-vase arrangement. These are more than we'll need when they have some growth on them. They are a patented variety, so you couldn't legally graft scion or root plants from cuttings, but if you'd like to cover postage, I'll send you a tree. I have Eversweet as well, and will enclose those cuttings if you'd like. Blue
      CA 9b "May you sit under your own fig tree..." This metaphor, in use since Solomon, is a wish for the receiver's spirit to know peace, for their family to be secure, and for their life to be fruitful.

Comment

• ross
        ross commented
        Editing a comment
        Blue,

Once again you've been very generous to me. That's quite the offer. I'm not sure how I can say no, haha. I'll send you a PM.

How hardy is eversweet, I don't have that one. I am trying to get all of the hardest pomegranates I can find and try them out here. I keep some in the greenhouse and will be planting some in the spring.
      Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
      Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

• npolaske
        npolaske commented
        Editing a comment
        Eversweet is not known to be a hardy variety.

• growcrazie
        growcrazie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I saw somewhere that it was hardy to z7 if that was the case it would be worth a try.

I live in Zone 7b. Angle red didn't survive here. You have to plant them in pot and protect them from cold.

Comment

Thank you for the incite into their lack of hardiness, bunti; it's good to know before we condemned this guy to a death sentence!
        CA 9b "May you sit under your own fig tree..." This metaphor, in use since Solomon, is a wish for the receiver's spirit to know peace, for their family to be secure, and for their life to be fruitful.

Comment

There are few seedless pomegranate varieties in India. The seeds are very soft, you don't really feel the seed. Taste really good.

Comment

Working...
          X