X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figaholics shipment detail questions

So, I know he is very very busy and I don't want to bother Harvey...

I'm worried if shipments go out this week mine will freeze in the midwest...

does anyone know from prior experience does Harvey usually send out shipping confirmations so we know when stuff is shipping?
    Zone 5 Omaha. WL - Michurinska green

Same here, nervous about cuttings in transit in 18 degrees temperatures here in Chicago
    MJ
    Chicago Zone 5a/5b

Comment

I believe he does. I’ve seen members post today that they’ve received tracking info already
      CA Zone 9B WL: Thermalito

Comment

• Figbert
        Figbert commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I received a USPS tracking number ... and order 1 of 2 arrived today!

• mwhight34
        mwhight34 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Haven’t received notifications for mine yet but I’m in no hurry

Well as to USPS I believe that mail gets sent in planes and trucks that do not get real cold inside, and mail goes to distribution center and then local post offices which are heated. the most risk is if a cutting got left in one's outdoors mailbox in real cold weather.Here I have a po box so any cutting or plant mailed to me awaits me in a heated building open 24/7. If someone living in a cold climate expects a cutting may arrive within a certain time frame, he can request all his mail be held at the P.O. instead of being left in his outdoor mailbox while he is at work and unable to get it immediately upon delivery. Before I got my PO box and had home mailbox,I did this for when I was away on work assignments several weeks at a time.
      Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST BURGAN UNK, ZAFFIRO,

Comment

Thanks. That’s what I needed to know
        Zone 5 Omaha. WL - Michurinska green

Comment

Yeah tracking number will give you the play-by-play. Mine showed up today. Stellar cuttings as always.
          SoCal, zone 10a

Comment

I believe he prints the shipping labels through his PayPal cart system, which automatically generates a tracking number and the buyer receives a notification email with a tracking number and link.
            “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
            – Chinese Proverb
            MA 5b/6a

Comment

• HarveyC
              HarveyC commented
              Editing a comment
              I input it manually into PayPal. I use Endicia shipping software for speed and for having custom labels with required nursery stock certificate, etc.

• ginamcd
              ginamcd commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know how you survive cutting season every year!!!

Ya paypal notifies my of tracking and shipment details last 2 years. Should do the same this year.
            Myfigs:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...QMA/edit#gid=0. WL: I 258, violeta, RDB, Black Ischia, Raspberry Latte, Malta black, Figo Preto, Galacia Negra, Black Zadar. Spokane, Wa. Z6

Comment

I key the tracking number into PayPal within seconds of printing out a label. Under the "Payment Information" section of our order page we indicate we enter the tracking into PayPal but maybe we need to make that comment more obvious. We will typically pack about 20 orders and then do labels and prepare those packages and then another 20. I try not to have to get into delaying shipments but if you have serious concerns, send me an email (email shown on web site). We've packed 53 orders the past two days. If the same holds true for tomorrow, that would put us up to orders placed as of 18:22:41 Pacific Sunday night. You can look at your confirmation email from PayPal to get a sense of where you sit in line or send me an email if you're really concerned. I try to answer emails about 2 or 3 times a day but may miss some because of the volume.
              My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Hi Harvey.
                I get bit out of the cuttings that I really want every year, can you let me know one hour before everyone else? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

You are a warrior, sir.
                  Tony. Pickens county, SC zone 7B
                  WL: Azores Dark; Brooklyn White; Dominick; Florea; Golden Riverside; Napolitana; nothing I can't pronounce!

Comment

FYI - Since USPS was closed today we just packed orders and put back in the walk-in cooler and tonight printed out shipping labels for those 90 orders. Should get more shipped after those labels get put on packages.
                    My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Working...
                    X