X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT This is just wrong.

I had a DR appt this morning at 8:45 so go out to leave at 8:30 and the car greets me with this, like I could not see the ice on the windshield......Just wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aaab.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	69689
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

LOL! That light hasn't gone off in my car for 3 weeks!
    Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Is there no where safe anymore?!!

Comment

I park in a garage but there wasn't any of those new fangled lights in 2002. You shouldn't need one in Florida
        Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
        Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

They don't put those in our cars.... Our cars has a nice hot sunny clear day light that comes on!
          Also when weather fluctuates severely like it has be lately is pain in butt because is mess with tire pressure sensors.
          Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
          1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
          2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

i feel for you Wills
            its warm enough to ride my bike again and some of my fig trees are waking up

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0603.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	69705
            andreas-patras Peloponnisos Greece zone 9a

Comment

Andreas,

Mine are waking up too but we just had a cold shot of air. I'm 9b so just a bit colder than you are. Got down to 31.6 last night.......luckily I did not see any damage.
              Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Geez Wills and Andreas we are going to see -6 here in PA this wknd! You guys with your bike rides and this talk/pics of awakening figs are killing me.. Lets smoosh a little salt in the wound why dont we! Lol! Yup.. I'm just 100% lime green jello right about now haha!!

God.. I need A VACATION! I'd take Greece or Florida in a heartbeat! Only I might miss my plane home on purpose.. Umm i mean accidentally! Lol
                My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
                https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

• andreas-patras
                  andreas-patras commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i have lived in florida Jamie.
                  i would pick florida for the winter and greek islands for the summer.
                  plus you would taste better figs here in the summer :-)

• Jamie0507
                  Jamie0507 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like this plan Andreas! Now all I need to do is hit the lottery and I'm outta this frigid tundra to split my year between two fig paradises! πŸ‘ Lol! Until then I will have to settle for thinking warm thoughts and dreaming of fig-filled Mediterranean vacations! πŸ˜‰

Garages help for that ice thing
                https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
                SE PA
                Zone 6

Comment

I learn so much on this forum. I didn't know cars had those lights. My 02 Chevy p/u doesn't have them, but I know when their is ice on the windshield, like Wills said. Sometimes our society tries too hard to make things easier and safer and it is always at the general publics expense.

I worked on the tractor most of the day today in a tee shirt. It was 40Β° this morning and 82Β° today. And yes my fig trees are starting to wake up too. My pomegranate has leaves already which surely will be frost bitten or frozen. This happens here 9 years out of 10. I need to move farther south or farther north.
                  Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Was 3F degree outside when I leave go to job tis morning......well and.....
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

it's 7 now and about to take the dog for a walk.

I think she's going to give me the "are you freakin crazy? It's cold out there" looks.

If i could only train her to use the toilet
                      Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

*yawn!* Alarm clock just went off and shows that it's 19F out there right now. Bleah! It gets to 36 later today and it hen the bottom drops out until next Tuesday.
                        Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Or get one of these.... You can start anywhere in the world lock and unlock. Is viper smart start. Start you car from your phone😁
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It's 68F now, supposed to go up to 71F later, then drop down to 58F tonight.

Comment

• DBJohnson
                              DBJohnson commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'm just going to sit here, shiver, and glare at you.

• bahamadan
                              bahamadan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Lol if it makes you feel better I'm locked out of growing a lot of the stone fruit trees because of lack of chill hours.

75 here at the moment but I spent all day running irrigation across the ceiling of the new greenhouse..........it was HOT.

Comment

Tonight with wind chill -25F below zero

Comment

• WillsC
                                WillsC commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I find that kind of amusing

Now "that's just wrong" Cugino πŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘ŠπŸΌ

Brings new meaning to "ice fig"

Comment

This morning was 39Β°. This afternoon 83Β°. -25 is just not something we do here. Geeze Mike what kind of heat do you have for your home? Do you guys sleep in basement next to the furnace?
                                Last edited by jmaler; 02-13-2016, 01:35 PM.
                                Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Working...
                                X