X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: What are you getting for Valentines?

No flowers or candy for me. I am getting a Strongway Garden Seat....The black one that has a back on the seat and two different handles and the seat is padded. My better half said it beat the pellett gun I asked for last year. Of course, he has no idea about the 2 pairs of UGG boots. LOL. girl gotta have shoes. Used to hide them in the trunk of my car until I could sneak them in the house. My daughter ratted me out when she told Daddy to look in Mom's closet and count the shoes. Yikes.

Hope this isn't TMI but hubby and I are trying to have a baby. A colleague told me that her family tradition is to gift someone trying to conceive with a lemon tree. We're going on three years, so I finally broke down and bought one. It got here today. Fingers crossed, y'all!
    Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great luck to you! Is wonderful to hear!

Sai che il mio profondo desiderio di un figlio
      Un po 'uno di amare e di tenere, di prendersi cura di,
      ad amare. Fa 'che il mio corpo può concepire
      e dare alla luce un bel bambino sano in
      La tua immagine sacra.
      Guidami in tutte le mie scelte in modo che questo
      il concepimento, la gravidanza e la nascita del mio bambino
      sono in linea con la tua volontà.
      Padre Celeste e Madre Santa,
      sentire questa preghiera del mio cuore, mente e spirito.
      Amen.

• SarinaP
      SarinaP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the kind wishes!

10 Days in Hawaii!!!!!!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Primarily Oahu and the Big Island, we had to cut our trip down from 16 days to the 10 due to my wife's work. Other wise we were going to visit 4 or more islands.

I talked to Sid about fig hunting in HI, This is what he had to say:

"Nothing much different from what you see elsewhere. Although the prices are higher, I saw a 8 inch tall, barely rooted Kadota fig plant, in a 2 gallon plastic bag for $48 plus tax. Kadota, brown turkey and magnolia are the only 3 I have seen locally for sale."

• DaveL
      DaveL commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a safe trip and ALOHA!

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      You as well Dave. Have a great time!!

Adjustable metal shelving from Lowes for more baby plants. The LED bulbs i'll have to buy myself.
    Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Comment

Deadpool. A matinee to see Deadpool. 'Nuff said.
      Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

We just go out for a nice dinner. Having a sitter is the best gift! haha
        Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

I have double whammy. Is her birthday and Valentine day. We go to dinner and movie last night for birthday and then Sunday we well go out with family for Valentine day dinner and come home alone for dessert😇 We really no exchange gift for Valentine day. Just nice dinner.
          Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
          1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
          2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

You guys are all getting great things, i wanted to see Deadpool but wife wont go with me and we don't have a sitter. I just got a bag of haribo gummy bears and possibly getting lunch with my wife and daughter (since we cant get a babysitter). Any time with wife is great though
            May the Figs be with you!
            ​​​​​

Comment

Valentines day was hijacked by Hallmark many years ago. Do we need one day a year to show care and affection for our family and friends?

Its Valentines day everyday in our house, but I am especially looking forward to tomorrow when I win the PT on Wills competition!

Happy hallmark card day to all, good luck on tonight's draw.

Ian

Ian

Really happy with what I have.

Comment

• COGardener
                COGardener commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry Ian, the PT won't be available to win tomorrow.... I'll be winning it tonight!!

I bought my wife this Fig tree is very rare it only produces heart shaped figs

Click image for larger version

Name:	cc5c68a4a0d9a3592a010b8423410623.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	70201
              Wish List -

Comment

Deadpool was awesome!!! Definitely flirted with an NC-17 rating, so don't take your kids...but such a good time. Stay through to the end of the credits!
                Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

• COGardener
                  COGardener commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome, perhaps the misses and I will go see it after I get back to Colorado tomorrow night.

Here is what I got . Super pleasant and delicate taste, not just sweet but with a nice dose of acidity
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• COGardener
                  COGardener commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It looks delectable!
              Working...
              X