X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallows Humor

Acting on the counsel of DanW, to never throw away a cutting until it is a hardened, black lump of coal, or a blob of gooey amber mess... I have a little 1.5 inch long CdD-Noir cutting that is less than a pencil diameter that is clinging to life after having been cut back three times due to rot in the aeroponic cloner. There are a dozen more cuttings that look dried out, but show no other outward signs that they have passed through the veil into the after life. So, what to do with these, until there is a certainty that no life remains in them? ....Being that I am a Registered Nurse for 650 inmates at a correctional facility, I thought it poetic that tonight I created a Death Row for cuttings, serving out their final days upon this earth. I simply gathered them from all of the assorted rooting bins and formed a single row within one 27 gal bin, of these lost souls.

Pray for the poor cuttings that get sent to Blue's house... for many it will be a death sentence! LOL!!!
    CA 9b "May you sit under your own fig tree..." This metaphor, in use since Solomon, is a wish for the receiver's spirit to know peace, for their family to be secure, and for their life to be fruitful.

Hmm, if only you had friends who could air layer varieties that failed to root for you.... hmm..
    Sarah
    Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

...Oh, if only my Friends with Fig Benefits had room to accept even a couple of great fig or apple varieties as a thank-you for their offering of some of their Air-Layered lov'n! (Can you say Redlove Apple straight from Switzerland this week and an air-layer of the true Vasilika Sika straight from Greece as well?)

Last edited by Bluemalibu; 02-16-2016, 02:38 AM.
      CA 9b "May you sit under your own fig tree..." This metaphor, in use since Solomon, is a wish for the receiver's spirit to know peace, for their family to be secure, and for their life to be fruitful.

Comment

That's a beautiful apple. Looks a lot like that Arctic Glo photo Andrew Fignar keeps tossing around to make us all miss fruit season even more. My CdDN is tiny at this point, but happy to layer it for ya.

Fruit season might come sooner than we think. The trees are all waking up and where is the RAIN?! Yesterday it felt like we'd completely skipped spring and went straight to summer! It was so warm in the house when I got home that I had to turn the AC on or it would have been cruel to the sled dog. At 8 pm.
        Sarah
        Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Blue - i've got a bunch of CdDN coming along nicely.... if yours all fail let me know.
          Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

Thanks so much; you're too kind, Scott!

Comment

It's either help friends out - or eventually i'll have to start running a contest to give away my extra figs!
              Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

I just had a viking funeral for some cuttings. They were sent off with old tax records in back yard fire pit. I felt very satisfied sitting in my lawn chair keeping warm and cozy>

Comment

Working...
                X