X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Fly Fisherman or interested in tying materials.

I make post while back before we get many more member so I like to ask once more before I start posting on eBay ect...

If you are into fly fishing or fly tying or crafts involving furs and feathers I have about $6k in materials and tools,vises and desk I am looking to sell or trade off maybe for cuttings or trees or something. If you interest let me known. Grazie
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

$6000 you could trade for a Ponte Tresa
    Wish List -

Comment

Trust me took much much much longer to aquire all tis stuff then Figs AHahahah!

Comment

But if you have big FRUITING PT maybe we make even trades ha!

Comment

I used to fly fish for trout when I lived in Michigan in the Grand Rapids area. Such fun. I loved messing with the flies and tied a few but tiny scale. Put your stuff on ebay. You just missed the feathers in your hair fad. Like Steven Tyler. Good fly fishing story: While fishing for Salmon one Saturday, husband hooked one and it ran off line and wrapped around branch in water. Husband said "You get net and go down there and net the sucker. So I splashed down stream to net the fish, stepped in a drop off hole. not very deep but threw me off balance. fell down and waders filled with frigid water. Husband yelling " Get up and get the fish! Get the fish!." I got up went over and tried to scoop the fish which promptly flapped in my face and made me fall again. As I got to my knees I took the net and whacked the fish across the head, knocking the fish off the line. Husband yelling: "Have you lost your mind> You let the fish get away." You can imagine the things I said as I stomped up the stream bed, freezing to death in my very own Drink Cozy. Wet hair and hat and everything else inside waders. When I got to the car, I had to stand outside and strip off my waders down to wet undies. Got towel from car and wrapped up in it. On the way home, as we reached our street, there was a barricade with no entry. Emergency street repair. Went around barricade and was promptly stopped by patrol car. As you can imagine, he enjoyed the fishing story and we got no ticket.

Comment

• fitzski
            fitzski commented
            Editing a comment
            your story reminds me of many days fishing with my Dad. I can still here him saying, "keep the tip up" and "don't pull the snag right at you". One time he was caught in the weeds and pulled the line right towards himself and it let loose. The lure came flying right at his head/face and he was lucky enough that it was a little off mark and he ducked his head a little. It ended up catching his hat.

And of course then he said, "that's why you don't pull a snag towards you"

• Taverna78
            Taverna78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahaha! I remember my father say exact to me same word!

It is a very fun and relaxing sport/art. That is very great story! And I can see why you say "use to" fish because if my wife made me go down stream to retrieve her fish I can reassure you I would knock it off line purposely anyway because she too lazy to do herself! So really you husband got what he deserved for getting you soaked!
          I have filled my waders plenty of times. Is no fun expecially in winter. We fished the pier Marquette river and big manastee few times is belle there.
          Sì I will try Ebay and maybe couple fishing forums. Ebay i watch fly tying "lots" which probably cost seller $100's even $1000's sell for $2-300. It's sad to lose tis much but when I no use anymore and is taking up space I guess I must look at it as "the things I buy to make fly with I use little and caught a fish in it and still have all my flies" I is was worth it.

Comment

The other thing you could do is look for local fly fishing clubs like Trouts Unlimited or something like that.

Or even fly fishing shops, some have community boards where people can post things.

Good Luck.
            Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Tis great IDea ! Grazie!

Comment

Working...
              X