X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Plums

Obviously this is a post about plums. Why post of the fig forum? Because my buddy smatthew sent me some budwood from the CRFG scion exchanges. I topworked my Santa Rosa plum (I still left a few branches intact because SR is a *great* plum!) with a bunch of different varieties: Methley, Mariposa, Satsuma, Burbank, Beauty, Burgundy, and Hollywood! (yes, I made a 8-in-1 plum tree). See the first pic. But the Hollywood in particular is something else, see the second pic. You can't tell from the pic because it is still wrapped in Buddy tape, but the wood is red, stems are red, the close flower buds are a deep pink and the flowers are a pink-white. This Hollywood really is gorgeous. Thanks smatthew!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Looking good! It's almost grafting time up here - I hope I'm as successful as you.
    Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

Whoa! 8 in 1? Looks good. I think I'm going to give grafting a shot this year. I'll probably start with a Brown Turkey as a root stock, and see how many varieties I can stick on it. If thats successful I'll try other fruit trees.

Comment

Originally posted by smatthew View Post
        Looking good! It's almost grafting time up here - I hope I'm as successful as you.
        Thanks man! I also have peach and apple grafts that are swelling and just about to push. I will let you know how those turn out. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyK View Post
          Whoa! 8 in 1? Looks good. I think I'm going to give grafting a shot this year. I'll probably start with a Brown Turkey as a root stock, and see how many varieties I can stick on it. If thats successful I'll try other fruit trees.
          Thanks! Speaking of: I have quite a few frankenfigs that I have cleft grafted and chip budded onto. I will post an update when everything starts to push. But it won't be long, all the buds are swelling!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Comment

Working...
            X