X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Grown Mel de Galicia or Gota de Miel ?

I found the pics on Bass Samaans site, and his photo sure looks gorgeous ! A google search brings up very little. It looks like Gardencrochet has offered it as Miel de Galicia.
    From the shape, color, and region of origin, it appears the same as Gota de Miel but looks can be deceiving.
    Does anyone grow either one ?
    I'm curious if it has anything to recommend itself over other honey figs.
    Ryan
    Northeast Texas, 8a

Mel de Galicia, photo from Trees of Joy
    And Gota de Miel photo from a member here in an old post Click image for larger version  Name:	meldegalicia-1-1024x683.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	714670Click image for larger version  Name:	image_53961.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.3 KB ID:	714671
    Ryan
    Northeast Texas, 8a

Comment

The Trees of Joy fig looks yellow and the other looks green. It could be the photo, but they look different to me.

Comment

Yes, that's entirely possible that they're different varieties. But the photos are from two different continents with different growing conditions.
        There are definite differences from these two pics alone, that's why I was curious if anyone has seen either variety firsthand. Even fruit from the same tree can have a fairly wide range of color at different times.
        Ryan
        Northeast Texas, 8a

Comment

Working...
        X