X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the " I can't afford it.." thread?

Was it deleted the author, taken down by the admin or locked and became invisible?
    Just curious.
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Originally posted by greenfig View Post
    Was it deleted the author, taken down by the admin or locked and became invisible?
    Just curious.
    It was not option 1. I also woke up to comment notifications and no thread. It seemed like it was getting heated so I would assume an admin stepped in. I hate that the thread turned that way. We have a lot of passionate people in this group and passion sometimes comes through as emotion and when emotion comes through a keyboard, its tough to truly understand the extent of it. Hoping this topic dies down I guess as I never meant to start a fight, I was just excited to own cuttings for about 45 minutes lol.

Its the weekend, everyone enjoy it!
    2021: The year of figs and a new love of Citrus thanks to http://www.madisoncitrusnursery.com

Comment

I saw it this morning and thought I had logged into the wrong forum

Ian
      Ian

Really happy with what I have.

Comment

That was quick I constantly on here and I no even see it
        Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
        1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
        2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Wow I was wondering the same thing. Where did it go? When threads get deleted it sometimes looks like a cover up. I hope that isn't the case here..hmmmm

Comment

I think the PM function is perfect for amicably arguing points with other members. Some user posts can create an atmosphere that dissuades others from wanting to participate in any discussion on the forum. I've seen other forums die because of constant negativity, so a well-moderated, friendly forum is a bonus in my book.
            Houston, TX Zone 9a

Comment

Brian, anyone that was subscribed to the post can click on subscriptions and if you were subscribed it shows that it was deleted by an admin and that it gives a reason of it being an argumentative post against the tos of the site and lists who deleted it. Definitely not a cover up. I think passions came out and I agree the we don't really need to be attacking each other on any side. Friday nights get a little crazy I guess
              2021: The year of figs and a new love of Citrus thanks to http://www.madisoncitrusnursery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                Wow I was wondering the same thing. Where did it go? When threads get deleted it sometimes looks like a cover up. I hope that isn't the case here..hmmmm

Brian,

I am rather surprised you would say that. The overriding consideration of managing this forum is fairness. If a friend of mine does something wrong or if it is a person I don't even know they will be treated the same, period. You have my word on that. That said I did not delete the thread, it was gone when I woke up this morning. If it had been me I would not have deleted it but instead removed the personal insults. I started to edit out the offending comments with the thought of putting it back up but it really served no purpose. There are NO secrets here, anyone that wants to see a transcript of it is free to PM me and ask for it.
                Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

I'm really disappointed that it's gone, I was having a blast picking at Lou. Sorry Lou
                  Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• LouNeo
                    LouNeo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Im happy I have memory issues because it makes it like the first time, every time.

How do you have cover ups with figs? Sometimes I feel like some really good stuff goes right over my head. This is why I don't win the trivia questions

Comment

• Taverna78
                    Taverna78 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    384 screws
                    739lbs coir

I thought I was the only one with memory issues. Remind me what I thought I forgot. What was the trivia question?
                  Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

The real truth is that someone in the thread revealed the details of the CIA's new secret weapon in a threat against another member and the NSA threatened Wills with disappearing without a trace if he left it up. So it really was a cover-up.

Now if you ask Wills for the transcript you'll notice that the 2 members involved disappeared without a trace. They're not in the thread, there's no record of them ever being members and none of us can remember who they were. Solid proof of a cover-up, wouldn't you say?
                  Bob C.
                  Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

i think bob is saying.....
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
                    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

I don't buy these handwaving explanations.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Johnny
                      Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Comment

Does anyone foil the walls of their houses too? That keeps them from listening in.
                        Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado, Black Celeste

Comment

• Taverna78
                          Taverna78 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No foil but stand in laundry room at a whisper with both washer and dryer running 😜

• Iowafig
                          Iowafig commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Only foil my grow room walls.... Does that count 😎
                      Working...
                      X