X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hot is too hot?

I can make GH ambient or 100F Almost today. Was 93F I get home. What is cut off temp they Ike?
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Hershells greenhouse was 125 while I was there and the figs were happy and growing like weeds sooooooo
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

You really want me order yet again from you Cugino no? ...... 125! Culli! Okay okay..... Even at tis temp... Is good for big windy breeze from fan or light delicate wind? Or no at all?

Comment

Tooooo hottttt!

http://youtu.be/OPf0YbXqDm0

Comment

• Dave
          Dave commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL your a wild man

Only sometime! While I am awakeπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜¬πŸ€”

Comment

Figs grow in my 117 F AZ Summer heat with western exposure (worst kind) with reflected sunlight off a block wall. I find they really stand up to the heat. In my yard, I would rate only pomegranates higher in heat tolerance. But figs and mangos are tied for a close second.

Comment

Okay but tis is temp is best for them or really no answer directly just what members have experience what they can withstand

Comment

You should try to maintain 100F or lower. Anything higher isn't going to help the plant. They can survive 125 but neither you nor your figs want to be at that temp for long.
              Alpine, Texas 4500ft elevation Zone 7
              http://growingfruit.org/

Comment

• Citicodays
                Citicodays commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a small greenhouse with a vent fan and a heater. It’s no problem to maintain any reasonable temperature in the fall and winter. I have fifty green figs on my black Madeira that I want to ripen. What band of temps do you recommend as ideal?

• fruitnut
                fruitnut commented
                Editing a comment
                90/60 would be good. Try not to go over 100.

In general, warm season plants generally grow well around 80-85 and I think figs would do great at those temps as well. I'd probably shoot for 85 if it were me.

Mediterranean annual temperature ranges are from 30F to 100F.

Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

WillsC tell me also 80 is perfect. My apologies WillsC. Is crazy times now. I have set at 80F with very good fan wind

Comment

Growing like crazy!! Lots of fruit. Watering every other day, except SIPs.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Taverna78
                    Taverna78 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wish i was there !

I am in the Chicago suburbs and have a small greenhouse that I have kept some reasonably happy figs in and am planning to build another that will likely be a bit toastier. Am curious if any of the greenhouse growers out there still contend that maintaining 80-85 degrees is optimal or that breakout in to higher temps is beneficial?

Comment

Working...
                  X