X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with uploading photos.

When I try to upload photos that is what I get on my screen ( your file of 1707694 bytes exceeds the limit of 1000000 ) can some one help me Pleas.
    Looking for De La Gloria.Your best teacher is your last mistake !

You will need to use a photo editing program on your computer and reduce the size of your pics to below the max exceeded of 1000000 bytes. You should then
    be able to upload your photo.
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Thanks newnandawg I will look in to that.

Comment

One easy way is if you took the picture with your phone text the picture to yourself and the phone will auto resize it. What I do is simply text the picture to my email address, your text program does not care if it is a phone# or email address.
        Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

If you are using Windows 7 you should have Microsoft Paint.

If the pictures are on your computer open them with Paint and use the Resize function, select Percentage and try 30% (to start), then Save as with a new file name, it also has to have a standard picture format (extension) to be recognized by the forum software, if it opens in Paint it will be fine... The Forum software doesn't allow upload of pictures larger than 1 MB or 1000 kb. that's why resizing is necessary. I use Paint to resize my pictures and usually try to keep my picture 640x480 for easier viewing on the forum.
          Good Luck.

Windows XP version of Paint has different commands...
          for Paint XP, go to Image, then Stretch/Skew, then to Stretch type 30% in Horizontal and 30% in Vertical (they both have to be the same %), then Save As a new name...

Good Luck.
          Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

I used to resize everything in Paint. Even Windows 8.1 (heaven help us) has paint with a resize function. Harder to find (as if everything), but it's there.
            SoCal, zone 10.
            www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

Hi you all I tried that PAINT thing I shrink it to 50%, 30% all the way to 1% and nothing. I have to go cool off !

Comment

I'm sorry you are having such trouble. I have nothing further to suggest - I haven't figured out my own camera/new computer set up yet.

Computers can be very frustrating.
                SoCal, zone 10.
                www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

And I that I need a new brain, the picture is not clear but it was only a try. The name of the fig is Brown Fig I bot it in Superstore 2 years back very sweet jam like texture.

Thanks for your help you all.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I email the photo to myself, and I get a few size options, pick one under 1 MB, then re-save the picture. It isn't all that hard, but it sure seems a bit more tedious than it ought to be.
                    USDA Zone 9b Wish list: Abruzzi, Pasquale, Filacciano, Tagliacozzo, Zingarella, Godfather. Any, including unknowns, from Abruzzo, Italy.

Comment

Working...
                    X