X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a cold...eat some turnips! Curtesy of "Fig & Quince" blog site

I've got a bug I'm trying to kick, so I'll give this a shot...why not? This is from a Persian cooking blog named "Fig & Quince". Fun site to poke around on.
    http://figandquince.com/2013/02/07/turnip/
    Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

I'll have to try that the next time i'm trying to kick a cold and my usual apple cider vinegar and honey tea does not work.

My Nana (irish grandma) used to boil an onion and then drink the liquid.
    Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

• SmyFigs
      SmyFigs commented
      Editing a comment
      My mom cooked the onion, honey & lemon together and we would have it as a drink.

Now, i buy Citron (yuacha) and use it as a tea and add cayene pepper. It has a high vitamin C content. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yujacha

I also take Astragalus capsules for severe colds. If anyone knows where I can get the plant, please message me!
      Last edited by SmyFigs; 02-27-2016, 08:12 AM. Reason: I wanted to show the Citron I buy...

• fitzski
      fitzski commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot about the vitamin C. I take double my normal dose until I feel better.

Between the vit c and apple cide vinegar/honey tea, I usually feel better in a couple days.

• GregMartin
      GregMartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys. Lots of tasty things to try! SmyFigs, now I know why I've wanted to grow yuzu! Maybe I'll try with this: http://www.amazon.com/Yakami-Orchard.../dp/B002032N5U

Madre from I am baby make tis mix for me. From worst sick to light cold... Prepare to sweat BUT is worth when you wake up top shape!

No eat morning.
    When you home ready to sleep do tis.

Very hot black tea. 1oz whiskey and juice of whole lemon also small pinch Cayanne pepper.

Drink down fast as you can. And take as cold as you can handle shower. Colder better. At least 5 minute until skin bumps from cold

Now dress very very very warm. Big thick socks sweat pants shirt sweater and get in bed with many many blanket.... You will pass out and wake up soaking wet with no sickness. (Maybe put towel down so no sweat on mattress)

Work EVERY time 1000% success rate!

Maybe I give tis to hard to root cuttings ahahahaha!

Serious. What you got lose to try.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Mike, that could possibly wake the dead! Thank you, will keep that one in reserve.
      Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

No no is no for dead... Is instant cure. But try when you last resort....
        Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
        1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
        2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Working...
        X