X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grafting Video

I was doing a little research on the Ohra Tabahanosika and came across this video. I have no idea what they are saying, yet the process is easy to follow and repeat.

I know the front image of the video is a little odd, but it is family safe and good watch.

Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Good video. I will try this method for sure. The only thing is my bikinis no longer fit. Hahaha
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      No bikini Jerry...... let down. Lol

I just can't press the view button
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Is that a chip bud graft?
      Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Ok. I did watch it but I would starve if I grafted that slow. It was easy to see how they did the t bud though.
      Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• COGardener
        COGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        For us mere mortal recreational grafters, slow is probably better.

Did you find out any good info about OHRA?
      Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Not a ton that I could understand, a link to f4f to one of Andreas posts.

http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox....B1-%CE-7055177
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

It seems to get high ratings from the few that I've seen post about it but I think they are all caprified. Hopefully it is just as good without being caprified.
          Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Scott,
            Thanks for sharing the video.
            Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

I just started some cuttings I got from Igor, so I hope to know in a couple years. I'm also interested to see how they do in my high elevation and short season.

Comment

Looks easy enough, as slow as he grafted I am positive I would be slower, lol, at least for a little while
                Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Practice makes better!

Comment

@3min I am pretty sure that is his wife yelling "he's nuts with all these trees!" I hear that enough in english that I can pretty much understand it in any language now
                    Youtube: PA Figs eBay: tdepoala
                    Wishlist: Galicia Negra, Paritjal Rimada, Black Ischia UCD

Comment

• cis4elk
                      cis4elk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LMAO
                      Too true! I'm there with you buddy.
                  Working...
                  X