X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maltese Falcon Auction

Here is a Maltese Falcon air layer I took last Fall. It is up for auction to anyone wanting it. Proceeds to be sent to OurFigs. I will pay shipping in mainland USA I live in Connecticut. Its nicely rooted in a 4inch pot and is relatively easy to ship or pick up if you are local

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3555.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	75549

Ian

Ian

Really happy with what I have.

I'll start with $20.00!
    Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

BTW...when does the auction end?

Comment

Good question, didn't think of that... Saturday 12 march 4pm East Coast.
        The mother plant came from Tim Clymer at Threefold Farm Last year. I will package it carefully on Monday morning and will ship once I receive conformation of payment to Ourfigs by WillsC

Ian
        Ian

Comment

$30 and I will split the shipping cost.
          Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Connecticut..... ok. When you say mainland USA, it made it sound as though you lived outside the US.

I got mine from Tim last year as well. Great tree!
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• The Figster
              The Figster commented
              Editing a comment
              I moved to the States 15 years ago and I still get hung up on the mainland reference!

• COGardener
              COGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              I see, completely understandable. I'm used to hearing continental US or lower 48.... it's neither here nor there, just caught me off guard.

$40

Comment

What you want is the lower 48, continental or the 48 contiguous states. And then you have to consider the states with special rules.

As I always say, the only safe place to ship plants and cuttings is KC, MO.
              Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

To refer to the mainland sounds like you may have lived in Hawaii...Shaka Bro
                Rick - Port Isabel, Texas / zone - 10a

Comment

• The Figster
                  The Figster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not Hawaii

Nice auction, wish I didn't have a couple already, lol.
                Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Nice of you Ian
                  Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

So Bryant is top with $40. Auction will conclude at 4pm east coast time today. If Bryant or the winner would like me to keep it a week to harden it off a little I am happy to do that. It came from grow lights 3 days ago.

Ian

Ian

Comment

• DBJohnson
                      DBJohnson commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If no one outbids me, then keeping it a week would be fantastic. I'll be out of town 3/16-3/21.

lil figgy bids 50. \Easter candy money

Comment

• DBJohnson
                      DBJohnson commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ....and that maxes out my budget at this time. Salut!

lil figgy is the winner of my Maltese Falcon air layer with a winning bid of $50. Thank you very much. Please get in touch with Wills to make payment and let me know when and were to send it. Congratulations.

Ian
                    Ian

Comment

Awesome job lilfiggy!!!!! You will love the MF!!!

Thanks for running the raffle Ian, very generous of you.
                      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats, lilfiggy! Enjoy your new tree.
                          Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Congrats, lilfiggy!

Comment

Congrats and looks like it will be a very nice tree for you!
                              Iowa Z5

Comment

Congrats, I didn't even bid. You did a great job though.
                                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Congrats, lilfiggy!
                                  Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Congratulations! And thanks for hosting the auction, Ian!
                                    Sarah
                                    Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Congrats on being the highest bidder, you're going to love this tree. I predict you'll soon want another one. Everybody (including the birds) likes MF figs. They're that good.
                                      Rick - Port Isabel, Texas / zone - 10a

Comment

thanks everyone on this forum I have acquired some very nice figs from our members

Comment

Great auction Thank you The Figster for the support, it is really appreciated. Congratulations Lil Figgy
                                          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X