X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Friends Troops advance

Been watching this egg case on this Pomegranate. Today the new recruits ventured out.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

That is freaking cool! I need to recruit some for my yard.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Really cool Phil. Send them down my way.
      newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Nice. I've never seen that before. Did you know what they were before they hatched?
        Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Yes I knew it was a Praying Mantis egg case. I always try to preserve them when pruning. I have several around, but think this is the 1st time I have witnessed a hatch.

Mike maybe a couple will hitch a ride on a plant.
          Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

You can buy them online. They keep the egg cases refrigerated until someone orders them. About two weeks after warming up, they hatch out.
            Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Comment

Are these very good have around orchards? Fig and fruit trees? Is any downfall? I on won they eat other bugs but they harm anything ?
              Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
              1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
              2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Sweet. There are a couple fields where I walk my dogs and I'm always on the lookout as summer ends/fall for new egg cases to bring home. Even though I've hatched a bunch in my yard, very few stick around - or they're preyed upon themselves. Really cool, though.
                Arne - Northern NJ - Zone 6A

Comment

Working...
                X