X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuttings Of The Fig Tree From The Godfather Movie Available

It is with great pleasure that I have the opportunity to release cuttings of a tree with a historic cinematic heritage and extraordinary provenance. After trimming the tree last fall, I felt that I needed some time with it before I released cuttings so I could trial it and see how well it would root. Having propagated a large number of cuttings now, I can tell you that this is a terrific rooter, eager to grow and very healthy looking.
    This guy is 3 months old:

You can check my original post for the story here:
    http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox.com/post/the-fig-tree-from-the-godfather-movie-7801937?pid=1290144800
    http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-home/50031-the-fig-tree-from-the-godfather-movie
    The one thing I would ask anyone who decides to grows this tree is to
    PLEASE NOT SELL ON IT eBAY. If you are looking to buy it to sell it please don't buy it . That was never my intent for this tree, this is a tree for the enjoyment of the collectors. I would love to keep it in our forums based fig enthusiast world and then we can all have something special between us. If you grow an extra one and would like to give it to a family member or a good fig friend, that's fine, just let them know what this plant is all about.
    It is a wonderful story of where the tree came from, how it was used, as well as how it is being saved and immortalized . I would love to make these cuttings available to all who will truly appreciate this tree for what it is.
    Cuttings are $10.00 each plus $7.00 shipping per package , with a maximum of 4 so everyone can get a shot at it as they are somewhat limited. The cuttings are quite nice with at least 3-4 nodes on them . I also waxed the ends last fall and they have been properly stored since then.
    NO PM's Please
    My email and Paypal name is:
    [email protected]
    Please send payment as "GIFT"
    Important:
    Include your name, address and forum name (and which forum that name is associated with) in the notes section with your paypal payment.
    SORRY, NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AT ALL !!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Thank you for this opportunity - payment sent
    Rick - Port Isabel, Texas / zone - 10a

Comment

What a great offer coop! Would love to grow this pedigree fig (Rafael's words) , sent PayPal funds.
      May the Figs be with you!
      ​​​​​

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
        Rafaelissimmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol Matt, did I really say that?

• BrooklynMatty
        BrooklynMatty commented
        Editing a comment
        I swore you said that, I could be wrong though (it's happened once or twice).

It's a great term nonetheless, just didn't want to be the one taking credit for it.

A Great collection for everyone.. good luck guys...
      My wish list is what ever come from my dear friend is the most special fig no matter what the vatiety is. I wish my dear friend to stay well always and always be happy. Jonathan

Comment

I would love to get in on this, but I've maxed out my fig budget for the year (according to my wife). Maybe if I wasn't storing a ton of young trees in the master bedroom she'd be a little more lenient. Next time you offer these I'll definitely jump on the offer.

Comment

Count me in! I'll now have four figs varieties associated with an interesting story...
          A. Takoma Violet and Kathleen Black - from my hometown of Takoma Park, MD
          B. Smith - my last name
          C. The Godfather (nuff said)

Only thing left now on my fig bucket list is "Malcolm's Super Giant."

Malcolm - Carroll County, MD (zone 6b). Interested in cold hardy figs. Currently container growing, MBVS, St. Rita, Olympian, RdB, Beale, Sal's EL, UCD 184-15s and Desert King.

Comment

Payment sent. Thanks Coop!
            Wishlist; Green Michurinska, St. Rita
            Tony
            Sarver, PA Zone 6A.

Comment

Nice offer, Coop! I wish i wasn't already overloaded with new figs this year.

Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

• fitzski
                fitzski commented
                Editing a comment
                I missed your comment below, what's one more fig

Do you have a couple cuttings left?

I don't understand the phrase "overloaded" with new figs

Comment

You still have left Coop?
                Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Yes Fabio still have some beauties left and they've been asking about you

Comment

• Taverna78
                    Taverna78 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will message you even although you say not to 😬

• GregMartin
                    GregMartin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Opps, sorry Coop...missed the bit about not PMing you. Sorry!

• Coop
                    Coop commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No worries on the PM's

someone will sale this fig again.didnt you learn the first time. once you pay for something its all yours. keep it just to the collectors how old are you. rolls eye

Comment

• Brian M
                    Brian M commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Worthless comment ^^

• don_sanders
                    don_sanders commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What's up with the personal attack? There's no need for that. It certainly doesn't help prove your point. Just the opposite if anything.

any left would love to get some please

Comment

Yes, I still have some available to anyone else interested. A big thank you to all who participated, your cuttings will go out Priority Mail first thing Monday morning.
                    Enjoy !

Comment

Please count me in. Sending payment as soon as I post this.
                      Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Coop,
                        I got my cuttings today and must say they're nice sized.
                        Pre-soaking them, then into moss they go.
                        Coop, A BIG THANK YOU!
                        Wishlist; Green Michurinska, St. Rita
                        Tony
                        Sarver, PA Zone 6A.

Comment

Coop, looks like your cutting is growing like gangbusters. Hopefully you'll be able to get ripe figs off of it later this summer/fall so we can try and ID the tree.
                          Malcolm - Carroll County, MD (zone 6b). Interested in cold hardy figs. Currently container growing, MBVS, St. Rita, Olympian, RdB, Beale, Sal's EL, UCD 184-15s and Desert King.

Comment

Just got your shipment...thanks Coop!!! Very nice!
                            Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

Originally posted by Eithieus View Post
                              someone will sale this fig again.didnt you learn the first time. once you pay for something its all yours. keep it just to the collectors how old are you. rolls eye
                              No necessary words
                              Attached Files

Comment

Mine arrived today. Will unwrap and get them started tomorrow. Thanks, Coop!

Comment

Mine came in todays mail. Muy bien. Mucho gracias mi amigo.
                                  Rick - Port Isabel, Texas / zone - 10a

Comment

Got mine as well and they look great. How long do people usually rehydrate their cuttings? I remember reading 3 days but wanted to confirm.

Comment

My come yesterday. Grazie Coop. I have been great success with rooting by putting cuttings in cup of RO water fill cup and set on heat mat. Change water every 24 hour and see massive callous in 3 day

Comment

@Coop

What naming have you been giving this tree? I assume "Godfather" but for the sake of avoiding confusion down the road, how about we all use the same naming convention for this tree?

Unless you are using something different, I'll likely call this one UNK Godfather JC.

Comment

• DBJohnson
                                          DBJohnson commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          And actually....after it is eventually identified, I'll still label these with the Godfather moniker to denote their provenance.

• COGardener
                                          COGardener commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          In of Coop's posts he did say what he is calling it. I'm looking, have yet to find it but I know it's there.

I've been calling it "Godfather" .
                                        To all my friends who have received cuttings, I wish you much good luck with your rooting and growing.
                                        I have found this an excellent rooter. My go to propagation method is long sphagnum moss with a quick dip into Dip N Grow, and also coco coir with a very light touch of Clonex. All mediums barely damp and fluffy in tupper ware with misted sides.
                                        I have joined the cloner ranks this year and am doing really well with it, but find it much slower.
                                        Here are some photos of the Godfather in different phases.
                                        Its been loads of fun doing this, and that's what this should be all about.
                                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                        X