X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there someone who is willing to share some Jolly Tiger Figs picture.

Hello everyone...

Is there anyone who would like to share some Jolly Tiger Figs picture? i have seen some in James P blog and i really admire this Figs plant..
    Hoping member here could share some picture with me in cultivation... i have no way to get this Plan or cutting but i still hope for some picture.
    Thank you so much in advance everyone.

Regards
    Jonathan
    My wish list is what ever come from my dear friend is the most special fig no matter what the vatiety is. I wish my dear friend to stay well always and always be happy. Jonathan

I would also love a way to get this plant or cuttings! I saw the same blog posts and they seem like such a cool variant. Goodluck, definitely following this incase more pictures show up.
    2021: The year of figs and a new love of Citrus thanks to http://www.madisoncitrusnursery.com

Comment

• Jonathan
      Jonathan commented
      Editing a comment
      hello Launeo,

Yeah.. fall in love with them in first sight.... drolling over all those picture... hopefully it will have more show up here...

My favorite of the new crew.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JT1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	76760
    Attached Files
    Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh😍😍😍😛

• Jonathan
      Jonathan commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you wills... i am more then happy to have some cutting... will be looking forward for some Christmas gift... wow.. its like a dream comes true.. thank you so much wills

Regards
      Jonathan

• Italianstallon99
      Italianstallon99 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a sweet one Fabio! I can't wait till April!!!

The variegated foliage of the Jolly tiger is stunning yes, so how do the figs taste?
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Greenguy
      Greenguy commented
      Editing a comment
      The figs taste the best ripened on a non variegated plant. At best they are a seven. But by no means the worste in my collection.

Depends on who you ask. The fruit flies are still enjoying mine so there is a downside to a greenhouse. You have them continuously. I have had a few fruit that were pretty good but not great. I think they tend to spoil easily.
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Spoil do to humidity and excess water? So in a hot dry climate it might do better? How long of a season does it need?

Thanks Hershell!
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Hate to change the subject but where is a good place to buy those tall skinny black pots that Willc is using? Looked on ebay but couldn't find any?
        Wish List -

Comment

Hey Dave, there is many places to get tree pots, here is a couple.

http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/p...ing-containers

http://www.groworganic.com/tree-grow...pots-tall.html

Here is another:

https://www.stuewe.com/products/treepots.php
          Last edited by COGardener; 03-18-2016, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Dave
            Dave commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Scott

• COGardener
            COGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries!

Hi guys...
          Does you guys have any picture to share?
          My wish list is what ever come from my dear friend is the most special fig no matter what the vatiety is. I wish my dear friend to stay well always and always be happy. Jonathan

Comment

• Hershell
            Hershell commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't post pictures for some reason but will get some up. For some reason not many post pictures and I think it's because as it ages it looks it.

I don't, this is not a commonly own fig. I have not collected it because I really never hear anything about the flavor. You inspired me ask about it Jonathan, perhaps I will get one this year or next.

Comment

• Jonathan
            Jonathan commented
            Editing a comment
            At first im really into the veriated leaves but i did not though about the flavor.. hope someone would share their experiance in this cultivar... but still the veriated leaves looks cool...

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          Hate to change the subject but where is a good place to buy those tall skinny black pots that Willc is using? Looked on ebay but couldn't find any?

Dave,

Hershell got me started on them. Ordered from Stuewe the shipping is $$$$

Comment

• Dave
            Dave commented
            Editing a comment
            Hershell is trying to sabotage your fig farm LOL

Let's share the blame, it was Harvey
          Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• Dave
            Dave commented
            Editing a comment
            Hershell. Hershell. Hershell

Hershell is having trouble posting the pictures of his JT so here they are .

Name:	Hershell jt 1.jpg
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	76929 Click image for larger version

Name:	Hershell JT 2.jpg
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	76930

Comment

• Jonathan
            Jonathan commented
            Editing a comment
            What a nice little bush you have there Hershell. They l
            Sre so healty and the stripe on the fruits is stinning. Omg... thank you so much wills for the picture this stunning speciment.

Regards
            Jonathan

• Hershell
            Hershell commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I'm photo illegitimate.

• Hershell
            Hershell commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Jonathan. You think anyone would ever be interested in a trivia game for cuttings. Probably not

Does anyone have any experiance of how the figs tasted?
          When i do my reserch online some says delicious some says otherwise..
          Is there diffrent clone with diffrent taste of the fruits?
          Sorry for so much question.. everything seems so new to me.

Comment

Steuwe has a great deal on the mini tree pots but their ordering online is antiquated. You have to submit a quote for shipping proposal so you can't easily find the sweets pot of product vs shipping cost That definitely looks like a cool plant Hershell!
            2021: The year of figs and a new love of Citrus thanks to http://www.madisoncitrusnursery.com

Comment

Lou,

There is no sweetspot on shipping It actually costs less in shipping to have the cases shipped separate. When I ordered two cases and they sent the shipping quote I was shocked......I said can't you just tape the two cases together? They answered and said yes but doing that it would cost MORE than the two cases shipped separate I could not understand it so priced it myself and they were right. Two cases of pots and 20 trays was $130 for just the shipping....long way from west coast to FL. $447 total.

Comment

I've got an inbox of shipping quotes haha that explains why I never found the sweetspot I couldn't justify what they were giving me so I kept adding more to the order and going mad at the quote.

Comment

Here it is too:
                  http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...olly-tiger-fig
                  USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• Jonathan
                    Jonathan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you greenfig....
                    Mind to share photo of your plant and those delicious figs...
                    Very intrested in JT now...

Thank you for the link Igor, I do recall the thread, yet I did not recall you're description.

Looks like it will be one to add to the collection after all.

Comment

Heres something you don't see too often a mother Jolly Tiger with her babies

Name:	DSC02982.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	77104Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3142 copy.JPG
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	77105
                    Wish List -

Comment

• Jonathan
                      Jonathan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      wow thats alot of babies....
                      thanks for sharing dave...
                      the two mother plan is huge but baby have not shown the veriated leaves...

Regards
                      Jonathan

Amazingly beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Comment

I'm sure those mommas get taken care of lol

Comment

Jonathan that picture is actually a few weeks old up to now I potted about a 1/3 of them and now they are starting to show there true colors

Name:	IMG_3364.JPG
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	77156
                        Wish List -

Comment

• Jonathan
                          Jonathan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wow... they are stunning... hope i get to grow them.

Tis guy look jolly and loves the shake and the steak after a good smoke.... is a "Dig Dig Dig"😜
                        Attached Files
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                        1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                        2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Working...
                        X