X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More crap weather

Hopefully this is the last big storm of the year for us. At least that is what the forecast says now. We have had about 4 inches of snow overnight and a few more inches are predicted this AM. Tonight a record low predicted for this date of -1 degree F.

On the bright side, here is a photo of some of my happy fig cuttings sitting in my window at work laughing at the snow outside.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Ed
    SW PA zone 6a

Dang Ed. We are in to our major temps swing time of the year. Yesterday we got to 78 degrees. Our high for today wash reached at
    midnight of of 65 degrees and falling into the 30's today. Tomorrows high in the upper 30's. I started shuffling a few trees day before
    yesterday so the season is here. Should be in the 60's by the weekend.
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

We got 12" of snow overnight in Dallas, TX and temps dipped to 21F. Unusual for my area at this time of year. Mind you we had temps hitting 80sF in January and the best part of February
      Otmani - Dallas, TX - Zone 8a
      Wish List: Col de Dame Blanche, Brogiotto Bianco, Sicilian White, Panache

Comment

We have a 10 day forecast of high 60s, low 70s... and no rain.

I've been up-potting figs the last few days. They are breaking dormancy, but most are not yet in full leaf.
        SoCal, zone 10.
        www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

-4F forecast for tonight, but temps are starting to rise above freezing during the daytime. Maple sugaring season is here!
          Jesse in western Maine, zone 4/5
          Wishlist- Figues Juane, Demos unk, Nantes Maroc, Thermalito

Comment

Here is a view of my backyard a couple minutes ago showing in-ground figs protected in various ways. I'm so anxious to unwrap them and get them growing...if they are still alive, of course. The ones I'm most concerned about are the three against the back fence (MvsB, Malta Black, and Sicilian Red). With those I just have mulch piled about 12 inches up the trunk - the rest is exposed.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            Steve
            D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
            WL: Verdolino, Figue Jaune, Nantes Maroc, Lussheim

Comment

Yes, Jesse. Temps are starting to rise during the day. I'm hoping for a long slow melt so we don't get flooded. Supposed to be in the 40's on Sunday and most of next week. Time to repot and move figs to GH where it will be in the 60-70s next week
              Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

the snow keeps coming, mother nature must be using energizer batteries in the the snow making toy
                Shailesh, Pennsylvania, ZONE 6B

Comment

Miserable and snowy here in NYC. My greenhouse is toasty, but my back is about done with shoveling snow.
                  Rafael
                  Zone 7b, Queens, New York

Comment

The adage I followed last night:

When life hands you cold weather, buy a case of pork butts and quick freeze them on the deck.
                    ~james

They made their way to the freezer this morning before the sun came out.
                    Littleton, CO (zone 5b) - In Containers
                    N.E. of Austin, TX (zone 8b)- In Ground.

Comment

Bad as the snow seems at least it is providing insulation for those negative temp nights.
                      NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Working...
                      X