X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clonex

Hi I'm new to attempting to root and grow figs I got a few Celeste to root and into "cups" without hormone

Now I got some cuttings from Harvey I clipped the bottom end soaked them for 48 hours waxed tip end then scraped through the bark on the root end to the bright green . I dipped them into the clonex gel . My question is does it dry or do I just toss them wet and dripping straight into the shredded moss ?
    Thanks Schroeder πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰

I have been using Clonex for 2 years now great stuff! I dip the cuttings in the Clonex and let them sit for a few minutes to let it absorb into the wood and then right into the rooting medium Good luck with your cuttings and welcome to the sight
    Wish List -

Comment

Dip and in they go. I really think the gel is just a way to get you to use 4X as much product You can cut it by 50% with water and get EXACTLY the same results. I have not found that the Clonex improves the percentage of success at ALL but it does speed up the time till roots show up.
      Last edited by WillsC; 03-31-2016, 11:15 PM. Reason: typo
      Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

From an earlier topic on Rooting Hormones and Clonex, http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...-are-you-using

The cuttings are usually planted or placed in rooting within minutes (sometimes seconds) of being dipped. Good Luck.
        Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Thank you for the info especially Wills about the possibility of dilution of the clonex thinner fluid seems like it would be easier for me to use rather than a gel.... dip then drip . Thanks again SchroederπŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰

Comment

I paint it on the cutting with an artist brush.

Comment

Often when you root a cutting without clonex the roots form at the bottom of the cutting at the edges. When I use clonex I never see the roots forming at the bottom. I always scrape along the cutting near the bottom to expose the green. I do this on opposite sides of the cutting then apply the clonex to the scrapped areas. The roots form at the edges of the scrapes. That's how it works the best for me. I find if I let the clonex dry it decreases the chance that the cutting will root as compared to putting it in the growth medium with the clonex still wet. YMMV
              Bob C.
              Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

I only dipped up to the 1st node I also put 3 scraped on each cutting not past the 1st node then plopped into the shredded moss ... I've tried to upload the photos from my android phone with NO luck but , I am technically challenged ...this is a very helpful group πŸ™‰πŸ™ˆπŸ™Š thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Schroeder View Post
                  I only dipped up to the 1st node I also put 3 scraped on each cutting not past the 1st node then plopped into the shredded moss ... I've tried to upload the photos from my android phone with NO luck but , I am technically challenged ...this is a very helpful group πŸ™‰πŸ™ˆπŸ™Š thanks
                  The pictures may be too big. Text the picture to yourself, the phone will automatically resize it reducing the file size, try then uploading that picture and see if it works.
                  Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

Working...
                  X