X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT mulberry cuttings

I have a weeping mulberry tree that is about ten years old, and produces fruit every year(since it was a 3 ft stick). Does anyone know if I can root cuttings from it, like with a fig tree cutting?
    Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Why not set some air layers? I would be happy to buy one or two plants from you a couple months from now.
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Yes, normally the mulberry cuttings root the same way. I did a few this spring and found them even easier than figs because they seem to be less sensitive to the moisture excess.
      USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

According to several youtube videos, mulberries are supposed to be very easy to root from cuttings. Wouldn't mind a few myself to try.
        Edward - Edgewater, Florida (Zone 9b)
        Wish List: Holy Smokes, U. Prosciutto, Ham Rham, Labritja

Comment

hi will try a few thank you for the offer

Comment

Some mulberry cultivar root easily Some do not, It will not hurt to try
            Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

Ed,

You pay the postage and for the padded envelope and will send you as many cuttings as you want, they are GOOD. That goes for any of the members here as well. Once they are done fruiting I will prune them HARD. They are easy to root, put them in a pot and 60% + should root.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mulb.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	81912
              Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• efletche
                efletche commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks WillsC, I just sent you some money for shipping. Load her up!!!! and Thanks for the offer.

• The_Gardener
                The_Gardener commented
                Editing a comment
                Wills, what variety of mulberry do u have?

I've read that some varieties are hard to root, some are easy. Allegedly the contorted types are very easy while Illinois Everbearing is hard.

WillsC What kind do you have? Some species/types aren't hardy here in the northern lands....but I'd probably give them a shot!
              https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
              SE PA
              Zone 6

Comment

Kelby,

I have no idea what variety they are.
                Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

No coir? Just plant ?
                  Zone 7a Galloway, NJ

Comment

Working...
                  X