X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nordland cuttings for $300???

This winter I remember seeing an Ebay listing for some Nordland cuttings that ended up selling for $300. At the time, I didn't know much about different varieties and I figured it was an extremely rare and sought after variety. However, after some education since then, I have found that Raintree sells Nordland for less than $30 for a one gallon plant. In addition, I can't find any information on the forums about Nordland being anything special.

Am I missing something here? Does anyone know something I don't know about this fig?

Here's the Ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fig-Tree-Cut...YAAOSwL7VWpCIU

That is an interesting price point for a main stream plant. Much of the price of items such as this is due to the sellers reputation. I bought 2 plants from churl82 last year they were as advertised and shipped promptly. But 300 is still a lot for Nordland. 2 people must have really wanted it and got carried away. If you look at the bid history only two people took the price from $24 to $300
    Last edited by The Figster; 04-10-2016, 07:51 PM.
    Ian

Really happy with what I have.

Comment

And sometimes it's just keyboard ninja's that wreak havoc with an auction... I was selling an automotive Posi-traction rear-end on Ebay that two bidders chased the auction up to three million dollars. The next morning, Ebay sent an invoice for $15,000 as their cut of the sales price.
      CA 9b "May you sit under your own fig tree..." This metaphor, in use since Solomon, is a wish for the receiver's spirit to know peace, for their family to be secure, and for their life to be fruitful.

Comment

• COGardener
        COGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        And what did ebay say when you told them not a chance?

• Bluemalibu
        Bluemalibu commented
        Editing a comment
        They apologized for the $15k bill, and reassured me that both bidders had been banned from further transactions.

Could have been a couple international buyers fighting for it. It may be a rare variety overseas.
      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I got Nordland from a member along with 5 other great varieties for $20 or $30 with shipping.... so WOW!!!
        Last edited by COGardener; 04-11-2016, 12:25 PM.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

From what I understand and have been told there is two nordlands. One is nordlands Blau and I can't remember the other one off the top of my head.

Comment

Working...
          X