X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Heartbroken

My mother had a debulking surgery yesterday to remove ovarian/colon cancer. After three hours, the surgeon came out to tell us that the cancer was too far advanced to be removed. The cancer has spread to her stomach and spleen. The doctor gave my mom six months to live. She will be unable to eat for the rest of her life. She is suffering so that she can spend as long as possible with her family. I have never met anyone with so much courage, and such a will to live. I am forever grateful to her.

I am so sorry to hear this has happened. Sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Thoughts and prays for her and your family. My step dad passed of cancer in 09. It was such a sad thing to watch however take solace in the fact that she will be able to say her goodbyes and all of thing unsaid things that some of us will leave the earth never having said. Im sorry you and your family are going through this.
      2021: The year of figs and a new love of Citrus thanks to http://www.madisoncitrusnursery.com

Comment

So sorry to hear this, my prayers will be with you and your family.
        Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies for what you and your family are going through.
          Sarah
          Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this news. I hope that you and your family find peace in the time she has left, celebrating her. You might try setting her up with an iPad or similar to do little videos that she can email to people. My uncle really enjoyed doing that and we all treasure them.
            Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
              Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Amico My Apologies for tis with Madre and for you we pray. I pray for miracle for her to become health and I also commend her to make wonderful child like youself.
                Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
                2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

All I can say is that I'm terribly sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers from here.
                  Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

So sorry to hear this..it is a truly horrible disease.
                    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

My prayers will be with you and your family. Be strong.
                      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Sorry to hear. I know what you're going though. My father passed from cancer. Keep her as comfortable as possible and through all the ups and downs try to enjoy the time she has with you.
                        Wishlist; Green Michurinska, St. Rita
                        Tony
                        Sarver, PA Zone 6A.

Comment

My deepest sympathies for you and your family. I pray you all are strong throughout this phase.
                          Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

So sorry to hear, prayers for your family. It frustrates me that we have a government that spends so much money on stupid stuff, and we still have so much of a need for cancer research funding.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that Casey. My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong!
                              May the Figs be with you!
                              ​​​​​

Comment

I wish you and your family the best in these dark times. Been through it myself with my stepfather and uncle.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family. In times like these, you find out who your true friends are.
                                  Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Comment

Your mom is an amazing person. Will pray that the time you have together is precious.

Comment

I'm so sorry that you and your mom didn't get a better outcome. I know what it means to have an amazing mom, and you will both be in my prayers.
                                      Gary USDA 9A
                                      Sebastopol, CA

Comment

So sorry, will pray that you cherish your time together and pain is managed. I suggest you look for a pain management doctor. My mother fought various forms of cancer for 3.5 years and towards the last six months or so her oncologist at Stanford suggested we look for a pain management doctor near home. Her physician was not aware of anyone but I did searching and found one not far from home and he helped mom tremendously with a patch that she wore. Hospice staff later sort of dismissed the need for this doctor's services but changed their mind after seeing how well the pain was under the control. Mom was vacationing in Hawaii just a few days before she passed in 2004, living life to the fullest. I hope your mom can do the same.
                                        My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Thank you all for your kindness and prayers. Harvey, thank you. I will check into that. I am so sorry that many of you have had to watch loved ones die from this terrible disease.

Comment

Praying for you, your family and your mother to be able to face this tragedy and handle it with God's help.
                                            Ed
                                            SW PA zone 6a

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you.
                                              Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Hold her hand and tell her you love her. Find a way to make her laugh.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, stay strong!
                                                  Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Working...
                                                  X