X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fig people are the best

Had a chance to some time with Ian, The Figster, today. Picked up a few tips, shared some thoughts and of course traded a few fig trees. Reinforced my belief that fig people are the best. Thanks Ian.
    Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

So, blueberry people are not the best? Cough, cough!
    Zone 8B, Texas

Comment

• DaveL
      DaveL commented
      Editing a comment
      Amendment, fig AND blueberry people are the best.👍

• cjmach1973
      cjmach1973 commented
      Editing a comment
      real blueberries come from up north

• DaveL
      DaveL commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch!

Best what? Be specific
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

Fig people are THE NICEST people!!! Despite my short time in this community, I've been amazed at the level of generosity, help and kindness here!!
      Want: Marseilles Black, Col de Dame (any), figs that do great in zone 9b (new to figs, so no fig trades, but have other plant types)

Comment

It's so true.. Never in my life have I come across a more fun loving and generous bunch as fig peeps.. Ok bloob peeps are pretty cool too 👍 lol
        My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Cuttings Available 2022:
        https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

Dave, it was great to have you come over and share with you my back 40 (square feet that is) I just find this fig world fascinating and the generosity of people is truly out standing.
          For those of you in/near CT, Dave and I were talking about a North East Figalicious gathering in Late August. By then we should have fruit to share. Who would be interested?
          Ian

Really happy with what I have.

Comment

• fitzski
            fitzski commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds interesting to me. Which part of CT are you in? East, west, central, north?

I can make it to Logees in Danielson in about an hour.

• The Figster
            The Figster commented
            Editing a comment
            Zuny, Fitski. I am near Mystic adjacent to the Rhode island border. Logees is 1 hour from me. Which day would work better for you ? Which Saturday would be better, 27 Aug
            or Saturday 3rd Sept. We could share some figs - if I don't have some ripe by then then I will give my collection away!

• fitzski
            fitzski commented
            Editing a comment
            Both dates are free for me right now.

Sounds interesting. I don't think I'll have figs until September, but I might have some air layers.
          Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Comment

• COGardener
            COGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            Some air layers that have been doodled on!!!

Need to doodle, don't have as many brain cells as I used to
          Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Comment

• COGardener
            COGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            What are brain cells?

a place where they put people who like figs

Comment

The figster, Either date would work. I am new to growing figs, just started this season so I don't have figs for cuttings to share. I would love to go and learn about figs.
            Zone 5B: Rotterdam, NY

YouTube

Comment

At the moment, both days are open.

Comment

Working...
              X