• okiedokie1
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you twice..

• okiedokie1
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you..

• cvarcher
    commented on 's reply
    YEah I take that back on GN. Its a late ripener even here in 7a Long Island. And its not that cold tolerant either. Ive heard IZbat an Naj is cold tolerant and possibly Hative dargenuil .

• MASS FIGS
    commented on 's reply
    SD is interesting in particular to me because it was a favorite of someone in MA who most likely kept at least of some of their massive collection in pots and in grounded (speculation but fits my mediocre logic lol). But I haven't read anything about his culture/location for SD. I have two small trees (small in part because they were the hardest/longest to root by far of any type I have tried), and one is on the definite in-ground list for next year. However, I will be protecting it so I (HOPEFULLY) will not be trialing for fruit from die back. I am thinking about doing the same with one of my Gen Neros, but I admit that I concerned about how late it ripens especially when heavily pruned back as I will do for protection

• Shienpjovys
    replied
    Found a tool for calculating growing degree days for a period of up to two months in any location but data is only starting from year 2020. It also gives a cumulative number of GDD from the start of that year up until the selected day. I think it is a useful tool, but I am not certain about how accurate it is (not sure if it based on real temperature data or maybe temperature from models?) but sharing so that others could try it, use it, maybe proof it (or not). https://www.greencast.co.uk/growing-degree-days

Leave a comment:

• Kelby
    commented on 's reply
    Glad it's helpful, good luck!

• Gail
    replied
    Excellent info for a northern US newbie like me. Thanks so much, Kelby!

Leave a comment:

• VaFig
    replied
    Great info , thanks Kelby!

Leave a comment:

• eboone
    replied
    I have had Salem White, another Bass introduction, in ground for 3 winters, and it is finally proving itself with great growth and earlier production. A honey type fig. Will try to report back on time of ripening - the past two years it did not start producing as early as this one.

Niagara Black, on the other hand, has been late to put on figs after die back for the past two years and I may not see ripe figs for the second year in a row.

Leave a comment:

• cvarcher
    replied
    Excellent and helpful list! Thankyou Kelby. But where is green Michurinska?? Could Red Lebanese BV and Sangue Dolce and Genovese Nero af /I258 make this list I wonder. I would like to add Hardy New Jersey to that list. It was found in ground at an abandon house in central NJ. It was 12 ft tall and makes a yellow colored fig with strawberry colored inside. Should know how it tastes very shortly as it has 2 huge brebas .
    Last edited by cvarcher; 07-08-2019, 08:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SalNick
    replied
    Thanks Kelby. 👍

Leave a comment:

• sapihia
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome list, just what I've been looking for! Thank you!!

• Tonytone
    replied
    I’ve referred to this list many times. Thanks Kelby for posting it.

Leave a comment:

• roland
    replied
    What where the Growing Degree Days GDD for youre figs?

https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...pen-in-my-area

Leave a comment:

• Garlic_Mike
    replied
    Atreano and O'Rourke produce first year from complete dieback, like LdA, Sal's G and RdB. Zone 6b.

Leave a comment:

• Source
    replied
    Bumping this great List... Thanks for posting!

Leave a comment:

• Shawnee Prophet
    replied
    Great list. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Kelby
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't grown Hardy Hartford, so I can't really comment. If I recall correctly, Hardy Hartford is a Mt Etna type, so they should be similar?

• Timbotide
    replied
    Kelby
    How do Hardy Chicago and Hardy Hartford compare as far as cold hardiness and look of the fruit produced?

Leave a comment:

• CliffH
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, climate has a whole lot to do with it. Celeste in our area starts ripening in early June, and last year even in late May.

• ChazC
    replied
    Great list. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Newbie2figs
    replied
    Thank you both for your reponse, I will look into the website you provide.

Mario
    Victoria TX
    Zone 9a

Leave a comment:

• Kelby
    commented on 's reply
    There are quite a few members here who also have persimmons. I already have too many scion requests for this year, but in the future I should be able to help you.

• ramv
    replied
    Texas has a rare fruit growers affiliate.(Affiliated to CRFG). I am sure you can get all the scions there you want for free.

https://crfg.org/home/chapters/texas/

Leave a comment:

• Newbie2figs
    replied
    Kirby

Your file is so helpful for us newbies, Thank you for making it available to us. I have question that'
    Out of the topic, I saw some persimmons in your file and I had never tasted them before, I bought 2 trees 2 years ago , 1 astringent , 1 non astringent. Really loved the non astringent and was wondering how I could get some cutting to graft new varieties to my tree.
    Mario
    Victoria TX
    zone 9a

Leave a comment:

Working...
X