X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for airlayer trades

Hey figgers!

I have a Pinetree Plantation Unk airlayer and 2 Kadota airlayers I would like to trade for other airlayers or rooted cuttings.
    I'm really bad at rooting cuttings. For some reason the rooting translates to rotting.

I'm aware the varieties I'm offering are not rare, but they are good vigorous growing figs.

I'm specifically looking for :
    Strawberry Verte
    Raspberry Latte
    Black Zadar
    Smith
    Improved Celeste
    Blue Celeste
    Black Ischia

I'm open to other varieties if you have something else, and I don't have that variety yet.

Airlayers should be ready in aprox 3-4 weeks, I started those 3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by FloraFig; 08-11-2021, 07:39 PM.
    C.Florida 9B WL: I-258 , Black Ischia, Ham Rham, Ghoudane , Moro de Caneva

I'm 90% sure I have a Strawberry Verte floating around somewhere. I already gave the mother tree away because I think it's too late for here. You're welcome to it for shipping cost.
    Travis - Zone 5a, Central WI
    Wish list - Verdolino

Comment

I can start an AL on black ischia or raspberry latte... Can you share some info on the plantation unk
      Dallas,TX - Zone 8a - Follow me @thefarmingtales on Insta.
      WL - Angelito, El Sueno Yellow, Yellow Absheron, Fico Giallo, Tia Penya, Campaniere, Moro de Caneva, Cessac, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

IMG_20210810_172807764.jpg I actually just got to taste my very first Pinetree Plantation unk yesterday. For a 2nd year plant the fig was very good. Sweet and I detected a caramel overtone, a nice chewy skin but not too thick and a light seed crunch. I hope we get a few more this year. It's been a lot of fun sharing this one around that Clark Rowley shared with me and many others as well. Pinetree Plantation unk 1st ripe one 8-10-21.jpgI believe he found it in a subdivision in N. Augusta, S.C .and its a pretty aggressive grower.
      Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b

Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

• FloraFig
        FloraFig commented
        Editing a comment
        Otis, I'm still amazed how vigorous this variety grows. So far I got 8 figs this year. Not bad for a first year tree.

Bumping this one for last attempt.
      I can't edit the original post, but this are the varieties I'm still looking for.:

Black Ischia
      Panache
      Raspberry Latte
      Smith
      Improved Celeste
      Blue Celeste

Also I can do an airlayer for :
      LDA
      VDB
      RLBV

Comment

• Newbie2figs
        Newbie2figs commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish I had those I would have help you 😢, hopefully you get someone to send you a baby plant 😀

• FloraFig
        FloraFig commented
        Editing a comment
        Aww thank you my friend. 🙏

• GaiaSpun
        GaiaSpun commented
        Editing a comment
        I can help...

I will take up the offer if still available... Raspberry Latte is the one I would have. I need to set up the air layer this week and it may take 4-6 weeks as weather may have cooled down a bit. Let me know if you are on.
      Dallas,TX - Zone 8a - Follow me @thefarmingtales on Insta.
      WL - Angelito, El Sueno Yellow, Yellow Absheron, Fico Giallo, Tia Penya, Campaniere, Moro de Caneva, Cessac, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• swethakyadav
        swethakyadav commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an air layer of RGR and a rooted cutting of Feather river. If you would want any of them, it will avoid me setting up a new air layer.

• FloraFig
        FloraFig commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome swethakyadav, I appreciate.

I'll see about setting AL of Smith and ICON, possibly not until next spring, but we'll see. I'd be interested in trying RLBV.
      Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b

Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

• Otis
        Otis commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll speak with you, flora...newbie, ICON is improved Celeste O'Rourke Not

• swethakyadav
        swethakyadav commented
        Editing a comment
        Otis I am impressed with RLBV. It was my first to fruit this year -ahead of RDB and Celeste and it still has a couple left. If you need it early, I don't mind setting an air layer. I plan to set up 10-15 air layers this weekend.

• Otis
        Otis commented
        Editing a comment
        That's kind, I have Lebanese red, no fruit yet, but I believe it'll be a boney fig and I've heard good things about RLBV, which is berry(?)

Newbie2figs absolutely! I agree.

Comment

Thank you to all who volunteered to trade. I truly appreciate! I'm off setting airlayers.

Comment

Working...
        X