X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various cuttings for trade (DONE)

I finished pruning my trees and have the below cuttings available. Ideally, I'd like to trade for Corynth, but I'm open to any interesting trade (not just figs). I'm also willing to pass along cuttings for postage to growers ramping up their collections.
    Variety # cuttings
    Adriatic JH 2
    Italian Honey traded
    LSU Scott's Black TRADED
    LSU Tiger Traded
    Lyndhurst White 5
    Malta Black traded
    Qalaat al Madiq Traded
    Ronde de Bordeaux(thinnish) Traded
    Smith traded
    Stella traded
    St Rita Traded
    Takoma Violet traded
    Unknown Chios 3
    Unknown Italian 4
    The unknowns were local finds. They have been grown in ground by the people who brought them to Lancaster, PA. They both seem to have a lot in common with the Mt Etna type figs. The Unknown Italian was brought over by an Italian gentleman and grown in ground unprotected. The trees were growing quite well until the polar vortex, after which they were killed to the ground but grew back from the soil line. The leaf pattern and fruit is much like a Mt Etna type, except the fruit is a bit smaller and appears to have resisted rain a bit better than the other Etnas I was growing. The Unknown Chios was brought from a village on Chios to Lancaster, PA and is still being growing in a semi-protected spot between two houses by the Greek family who brought the cuttings to the US. The tree is not covered or winter-protected apart from its planting spot. As far as I know, the tree produces fruit each season and is a vigorous grower. It is very similar to an Etna fig, although it is Greek in origin.

Edits 12/4/16: updated cutting count; Noire de Barbentane fulfilled, changed wishlist choice to Corynth; added St. Rita; added more description of unknowns.
    Last edited by WillsC; 12-06-2016, 11:31 AM. Reason: Just updated the totals.
    Johnny
    Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Johnny,
    I am interested in your Unknown Italian and Lyndhurst White cuttings. I started growing figs last year. I don't have the variety you are looking for, but I have a large collection of heirloom apple trees if you are interested in scion wood. I would be happy to pay for shipping, if you are not. Thanks. Casey

Comment

Casey,

I'll set aside some Unknown Italian and Lyndhurst White cuttings for you. I am interested in apple scion, but maybe for the future. I'm still in the process of espalier training my apples. I'll have to keep you in mind for people to contact when I'm ready to play with apple grafting. PM your mailing address, and I'll prep the cuttings to ship to you.
      Johnny

Comment

OK, Thanks. I'll send cuttings to you whenever you are ready. PM sent.

Comment

I am very new figs so only have three varieties of figs to trade yellow long neck, Olympian, and the black Italian. However I have multiple varieties of muscadine grapes, pomegranates and mulberries for cuttings if you are interested.

Comment

I might be interested in pomegranate cuttings. What have you got?
            Johnny

Comment

I have the following three varieties: Angel red, Salavatski, and Wonderful. The Salavatski is the most cold tolerant variety. However it is the youngest bush with smaller diameter cuttings.

Comment

Sorry. I can not give you any angel red cuttings because it is patented. However per edible landscaping the Salavatski has been grown in Lancaster PA

Comment

• jkuo
                  jkuo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Salavatski works for me if you have wood to spare. PM me with what you want to trade for.

I am looking to trade for Adriatic jh. lynhurst white. and lsu scotts black. I have Alma, brown turkey,sicilian for trade.
                Last edited by fig pig; 12-05-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• jkuo
                  jkuo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I'm set for incoming fig cuttings at the moment. PM me your mailing info, and I can send you some cuttings for postage.

Updated cuttings count:

Adriatic JH = 2
                Lyndhurst White = 3
                Unk Chios = 1
                Unk Italian = 2
                Ronde de Bordeaux = traded
                Scott's Black = traded

Edit 12/6/16: updated cutting count
                Last edited by jkuo; 12-06-2016, 10:22 PM.
                Johnny

Comment

IWOULD LIKE ADRIATIC JH,LYNDHURST WHITESCOTTS BLKif you still have them Ihavealma,green Isxchia, Sicilian dark, brown turkey for trade.

Comment

Fig pig, send me a private message with your mailing address. I'll get a package of cuttings ready to send to you.
                    Johnny

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that I received my fig cuttings today. You gave me excellent quality, well-packaged material. I also appreciate the extra variety. Thank you so much.

Comment

Hi Johnny, my cuttings came today. Very nice!!
                        Thank you, Wendy
                        Wendy - zone 6b - Central Kentucky .....My Fig List
                        WL - Bass' Favorite, Bordissot Negra Rimada

Comment

Trades all done! I am officially out of cuttings, unless for some strange reason I get stir crazy over the winter and decide to reshape a couple of trees from multi-stem bush form into single-stem tree form.

Happy rooting to the cutting recipients!
                          Johnny

Comment

HI Johnny,
                            Got my cuttings they look great, than you so much!
                            Queens, N.Y. zone 7b

Comment

Working...
                            X