X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Lychee airlayers

I know this one may be a long shot
    Fig trees in tree pots go on sale starting May 1 at 8 eastern. New trees will be added weekly.

I'd give my eye teeth to be able to grow lychees in my area! May try them in pots one day.

Understand why you'd want to grow them. When I lived in Taiwan they were my favorite fruit. Here, when you can find them, they are bloody expensive.

Good luck
    Wendy - zone 6b - Central Kentucky .....My Fig List
    WL - Bass' Favorite, Bordissot Negra Rimada

Comment

I see them sold at the Asian Nurseries every once in a while....i'll keep a lookout for you. Longans are pretty common...let me know if you want one of those...
      Last edited by Q*; 12-22-2016, 11:31 PM.
      Quy
      SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

A local nursery has them for $28 for an airlayer in a 1g pot. I'm hoping to build a hoophouse at some point and give them a shot. I LOVE lychee. Let me know if you want me to pick up a few and send them to you.

Comment

I already have sweetheart and Mauritius, they are like 6' tall and 8'wide, bloomed last two years and got 8 fruit this year from one. So looking for varieties other than those two.
          Fig trees in tree pots go on sale starting May 1 at 8 eastern. New trees will be added weekly.

Comment

• npolaske
            npolaske commented
            Editing a comment
            They are closed until the new year but when they open back up I will ask what they've got and let you know.

• WillsC
            WillsC commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you

There is a woman in Merritt Island that has most of the common cultivars and sells air layers. I will send you her contact info.
          Andre
          Western Orange County, FL

Comment

• WillsC
            WillsC commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Andre.

Found her info and emailed you
          Andre
          Western Orange County, FL

Comment

Got it, thank you. See you on Monday.

Comment

Working...
            X