X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive got about 5 Packs of (5) Conways Emerald Unk

I bought a 3-4 year old tree last night and ended up topping it before the drive home. I dont have the space to root everything so would love to share them with others and also recoup some of the tree cost so my girlfriend stops bugging me about buying "another tree".

Pack of (5) Cuttings for $10

$5 shipping up to 8 cuttings
    $8 shipping up to 20 cuttings

Tree looks like it was a great grower although the guy had it in a shady spot. They said it produced a lot of large juicy figs for them last year, they were sweet, had a green exterior and a redish pink interior. The tree was relatively dormant (some small buds starting to break because its been 70s the past couple days).

Cuttings will be 6-8" long at least 3-4 nodes, and they will all be larger than the size of a pencil or larger, most will be sharpie sized. Im cutting them up now, you wont get any fresher!

Im calling them "Conways Emerald Unk" for now. Im hoping they are an Adriatic or Conadria or Atreano but I wont really know until I see fruit / leaves next season.

Comment or PM me! I will post when they are all gone.

2017 Wishlist:CDDG, CDDN, CDDB, CDDR, Figo Preto, i-258, Pastilliere Dauphine, Figoin, Cavaliere, Any Bordissot's Thank you!

Lou,

You are a fig tree hunting machine!!!

Very nice find, I hope the main tree produces well for you.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Scott, I really wanted an older tree in the yard, something that will produce well but also something I can graft to when I get bored that has great roots... so the opportunity presented itself so I needed to make it happen It is in full sun now, as long as the roots push well in the spring I think it will be a good year for it and im excited to nail down the variety.
      2017 Wishlist:CDDG, CDDN, CDDB, CDDR, Figo Preto, i-258, Pastilliere Dauphine, Figoin, Cavaliere, Any Bordissot's Thank you!

Comment

That is fantastic, I'm super happy for you!!
        Last edited by COGardener; 12-27-2016, 11:54 AM.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Working...
        X