• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malta Black (DONE)

DONE. If your looking for a malta black, I have a very well rooted cutting i started mid July for trade. If you have something just as good and i dont have it pm me. We'll work out the details.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Billboard; 09-13-2017, 06:28 PM.
    My fig list and want list and
    2017 cuttings list.

I have a question about Malta black. Mine has been a slow grower. I don't want to plant it in ground for a few years; is there any way to make it grow more rapidly next year? Sorry for hijacking the post.

• Billboard
      Billboard commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine was growing fast in the heat but since it got cooler out it stopped. But i was fertilizing it once a week. I gave it a high P fertilizer at first to promote strong root growth first. It tripled in size from that picture above when it stopped. What is your current set up with your tree?

Bulldog, repot it. You may have a poor in pot situation on this particular fig. Maybe root prune it a bit, atleast make sure your roots aren't strangling it. Fertilize it. Make sure that you don't burn the roots with too much N. Give it a small dose of Epsom salts. Lime it. Put it in good sun. Make sure that it is not in a black pot or you will cook the roots. Shade the pot that it is in. I am sure that there is more. HTH
    Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

If you gave it enough sun, then go through the nutrient regimen on the sticky. https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...-feed-schedule

Malta Black should be a decent grower.

I think re-potting would probably help. Perhaps it just needs more space to spread out. I can continue to fertilize it lightly.
        thanks everyone for all of the helpful information.