X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WillsC
    replied
    I realize why some are leery and I know over time we may get a bit jaded (and for good reason) but innocent till proved guilty is better. Even if he had made a first post and asked for them for free (which he didn't) it is ok to do so......I don't think that would work but they are free to do it I would encourage people always first to make a post in the main forum and introduce themselves, make friends, contribute, it makes people more willing to be trusting and generous. But that is of course just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Brian M
    replied
    You can't even buy a cutting of Multi Color. Only one person in the US has it.

Leave a comment:

• Zuny
    commented on 's reply
    Fracanzano Multicolor will be extremely hard to find but if you do not have a lot of growing space why not look for I-258 and what ever is considered the best. 😉

• Taverna78
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I will be on eBay soon

• CliffH
    commented on 's reply
    When cutting season gets closer there will probably be a general wish list discussion started for trades and such. I would suggest starting there. Usually people put 4 or maybe 5 varieties on the list.

• don_sanders
    commented on 's reply
    Uh oh! Lol

• Garlic_Mike
    replied
    You are right Don.

The location and post, but the message is still relevant.

Fracanzano Multicolor, I258?

How about "I have at least grown a figgin BT and realized I liked figs"?

And Don, it's "wife", she's on the way and she is yours. Good luck buddy!

Leave a comment:

• don_sanders
    replied
    Agree about jumping to conclusions.

And while that list contains some rare and expensive varities, I don't think I'd recommend half of them if you are just getting started. They can be finicky, hard to root, unproductive, and/or later varities. Expensive doesn't equal good and cheap doesn't equal bad.
    Last edited by don_sanders; 09-30-2017, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• don_sanders
    commented on 's reply
    So...was that a no on the girlfriend? It wasn't quite clear. Sorry...just joking. I think you might have this mixed up with the post from France unless there are exotics in NC that I'm not aware of.

• Garlic_Mike
    replied
    Hell of a list for a new guy.

Hard to believe with all the exotics available where you are, that you search for gems here.

Noticing a lot of "new" people testing the veracity of other's generosity on both forums like trolls.

Kind of like "Hey duuude, nice Porsche, can I take it for a spin? Suuure.. right... get lost.

There are about a dozen or so. 1-3 posts and they want to date your girlfriend. I know, "hey I'm just asking", please!

If you took the time to know about these varieties, you should have a better clue as to what was involved to get them.

Just an overall lack of decorum IMO.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    That’s a nice list!

Leave a comment:

• Chads
    commented on 's reply
    I have never heard of soaking them for 24 hrs. I will definitely remember that. I stuck some directly in soil and wrapped some in damp paper towels my first time. The ones in soil did best. Roots on the bagged ones broke off very easiley

• Nic40
    commented on 's reply
    I had a tendency to over water. Also when I started soaking the cuttings for 24 hours my success rate skyrocketed. Now I wait till the soil is bone dry before watering anything

• Chads
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the comment! I am starting to see that cutting season is fast approaching here! I look foward to it

• Chads
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I have read terrible reviews about figcuttings.com. I've actually only rooted cuttings once with about a 65ish% success rate. Until I get pretty cofident in my ability to get a better rooting I was leaning toward buying some of the tougher ones to root already rooted. Guess I need to purchase some pro mix and practise practise practise!

• Zuny
    replied
    I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. I understand the concerns but he never stated that he is looking for free cuttings.

On another note you will have an easier time finding what you are looking for durring cutting season around December and January. Figaholics.com will have almost everyting you are looking for in January. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Nic40
    commented on 's reply
    Just a heads up for you. Again not sure what all you have read on here. Avoid figcuttings.com it's a scam. Also you will have all the cuttings you need in about a month or two. The flood gates are about to open for cuttings. If you need pointers with cuttings most of the more experienced growers on this forum are about a 85% or greater success rate with cuttings. It's a lot cheaper building your collection with cutti vs than buying plants.

• Chads
    commented on 's reply
    It's fine man. I completely understand what you mean. Didn't mean to come across as sketchy

• Nic40
    commented on 's reply
    Ok glad to see you active. There are a lot of people that make an account get what they want then leave. Sorry for the accusation it just looked sketchy not seeing anymore posts.

• Chads
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I have been warned against buying off ebay unless it is from a member on here or someone that a member has dealt with and has a good reputation. I will try and remember to check with you in a month or so also. Will you be posting on ebay too?

• Chads
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I have actually been reviewing people's favs on fb on other sites and that is what I narrowed my want list down to. They all sound like great tasting and pretty figs to me!

• Chads
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not unwilling to cover the mere cost of any thing offered on here. I have a full time job and can't stay on here 24/7. If you have anything I am looking please feel free to let me know and I can assure you that I am more than willing to cover the mere cost of shipping or for whatever I may be interested in. Thank you

• Billboard
    replied
    I got 1 fig on your list and the funny thing is i just got it yesterday from trade. I got the I258. About 2 ft tall. I have 34 trees. Go look at my list and see. When it's time and its possible we can talk.
    Last edited by Billboard; 09-29-2017, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chads
    commented on 's reply
    No one is looking freebies here. Just a new member who enjoys growing fruits especially figs and who would like to widen their collection. Not looking anything for free whatsoever. It was suggested I join this forum because of availability and not smart judgment. Now if you have any thing available , I would be greatly interested...thank you

• Billboard
    commented on 's reply
    Now that you mention it. Arnt those the same figs that french guy wanted with some others mixed in to cover the good ones up. And cause confusion I think so.
Working...
X