X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want list

I'm looking for these varieties to buy...plants or cuttings will work. Thanks

Expensive list. Some will be easy to get others no so easy or cheap. Good luck. Theres actually alot of those on ebay now as cuttings or trees. Take a look.
    2019 FIG LIST
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Comment

• Chads
      Chads commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I have actually been reviewing people's favs on fb on other sites and that is what I narrowed my want list down to. They all sound like great tasting and pretty figs to me!

I wouldn’t trust ebay for anything. For example... I troll tis forum.... see tis post.... list all of the cuttings you want up there cheap.... you buy them all and in 3 years you find out you got brown turkey cuttings. Good luck disputing that after that long.

Now unless seller is a member or on the trusted seller list don’t waste you money. I have a all but the B.M. And the F.Mulitcolor. But no cutting for a couple month still. If you want message me in a month and we’ll work something out. The F. Multicolor is almost impossible to find and if you do find it I’m pretty sure the owner won’t cut it.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• Chads
      Chads commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I have been warned against buying off ebay unless it is from a member on here or someone that a member has dealt with and has a good reputation. I will try and remember to check with you in a month or so also. Will you be posting on ebay too?

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I will be on eBay soon

Originally posted by Chads View Post
    I'm looking for these varieties to buy...plants or cuttings will work. Thanks
    LSU Purple here https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/tradin...f-toronto-area

Comment

If you have no luck getting them from other people, HarveyC at January , His cuttings are really good.
      http://www.figaholics.com/cuttings.htm

Surrey BC canada

Comment

This same post is on other forums with zero responses from Chads. He may be just looking for freebies....
        Starting collection over due to hard frost and neglect from traveling for work (lost close to 60 varieties). Looking for Sodus Sicilian, and anything else worth while

Comment

• Billboard
          Billboard commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that you mention it. Arnt those the same figs that french guy wanted with some others mixed in to cover the good ones up. And cause confusion I think so.

• Chads
          Chads commented
          Editing a comment
          No one is looking freebies here. Just a new member who enjoys growing fruits especially figs and who would like to widen their collection. Not looking anything for free whatsoever. It was suggested I join this forum because of availability and not smart judgment. Now if you have any thing available , I would be greatly interested...thank you

• CliffH
          CliffH commented
          Editing a comment
          When cutting season gets closer there will probably be a general wish list discussion started for trades and such. I would suggest starting there. Usually people put 4 or maybe 5 varieties on the list.

Your post on the other board doesn't mention buying them. When members here offer to send the plants that you are asking for, and you are unwilling to cover the mere cost of postage, Nic has hit the nail on its head.

Comment

• Chads
          Chads commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not unwilling to cover the mere cost of any thing offered on here. I have a full time job and can't stay on here 24/7. If you have anything I am looking please feel free to let me know and I can assure you that I am more than willing to cover the mere cost of shipping or for whatever I may be interested in. Thank you

Looks like either moochers or scammers.

Comment

It should also throw up a red flag that it's a brand new account with only 3 posts
          Starting collection over due to hard frost and neglect from traveling for work (lost close to 60 varieties). Looking for Sodus Sicilian, and anything else worth while

Comment

• Chads
            Chads commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I have read terrible reviews about figcuttings.com. I've actually only rooted cuttings once with about a 65ish% success rate. Until I get pretty cofident in my ability to get a better rooting I was leaning toward buying some of the tougher ones to root already rooted. Guess I need to purchase some pro mix and practise practise practise!

• Nic40
            Nic40 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a tendency to over water. Also when I started soaking the cuttings for 24 hours my success rate skyrocketed. Now I wait till the soil is bone dry before watering anything

• Chads
            Chads commented
            Editing a comment
            I have never heard of soaking them for 24 hrs. I will definitely remember that. I stuck some directly in soil and wrapped some in damp paper towels my first time. The ones in soil did best. Roots on the bagged ones broke off very easiley

I got 1 fig on your list and the funny thing is i just got it yesterday from trade. I got the I258. About 2 ft tall. I have 34 trees. Go look at my list and see. When it's time and its possible we can talk.
          Last edited by Billboard; 09-29-2017, 07:01 PM.
          2019 FIG LIST
          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Comment

I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. I understand the concerns but he never stated that he is looking for free cuttings.

On another note you will have an easier time finding what you are looking for durring cutting season around December and January. Figaholics.com will have almost everyting you are looking for in January. Good luck.

Zone 5B: Rotterdam, NY

YouTube

Comment

• Chads
              Chads commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the comment! I am starting to see that cutting season is fast approaching here! I look foward to it

That’s a nice list!
            Zone 10b, Coastal. Wish List: Aurora, Deos Negra, Siggiu Russo, Mendeza, Ischia Black, Boreal, Sodus Sicilian, Sangue Dolce, Col Lit BC; Long Yellow

Comment

Hell of a list for a new guy.

Hard to believe with all the exotics available where you are, that you search for gems here.

Noticing a lot of "new" people testing the veracity of other's generosity on both forums like trolls.

Kind of like "Hey duuude, nice Porsche, can I take it for a spin? Suuure.. right... get lost.

There are about a dozen or so. 1-3 posts and they want to date your girlfriend. I know, "hey I'm just asking", please!

If you took the time to know about these varieties, you should have a better clue as to what was involved to get them.

Just an overall lack of decorum IMO.

Mike

Comment

• don_sanders
                don_sanders commented
                Editing a comment
                So...was that a no on the girlfriend? It wasn't quite clear. Sorry...just joking. I think you might have this mixed up with the post from France unless there are exotics in NC that I'm not aware of.

Agree about jumping to conclusions.

And while that list contains some rare and expensive varities, I don't think I'd recommend half of them if you are just getting started. They can be finicky, hard to root, unproductive, and/or later varities. Expensive doesn't equal good and cheap doesn't equal bad.
              Last edited by don_sanders; 09-30-2017, 04:14 PM.
              Don - OH Zone 5b/6a

Wish list: @Your favorite fig and Zaffiro, Craven's Craving, Izmir/Iznot, Kesariani, Calderona

Comment

You are right Don.

The location and post, but the message is still relevant.

Fracanzano Multicolor, I258?

How about "I have at least grown a figgin BT and realized I liked figs"?

And Don, it's "wife", she's on the way and she is yours. Good luck buddy!

Comment

• don_sanders
                  don_sanders commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Uh oh! Lol

• Zuny
                  Zuny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fracanzano Multicolor will be extremely hard to find but if you do not have a lot of growing space why not look for I-258 and what ever is considered the best. 😉

You can't even buy a cutting of Multi Color. Only one person in the US has it.

Comment

I realize why some are leery and I know over time we may get a bit jaded (and for good reason) but innocent till proved guilty is better. Even if he had made a first post and asked for them for free (which he didn't) it is ok to do so......I don't think that would work but they are free to do it I would encourage people always first to make a post in the main forum and introduce themselves, make friends, contribute, it makes people more willing to be trusting and generous. But that is of course just my opinion.
                  Fig trees in tree pots go on sale starting May 1 at 8 eastern. New trees will be added weekly.

Comment

Working...
                  X