X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to line up col de dame cuttings this season

Hi All,

want to dip my feet into the CDD varieties this coming up growing season, please let me know if you will have extra available cuttings. will to pay extra for shipping.....

thanks a bunch

Even though you're a Broncos fan , I might have some CdD Grise cuttings available.

This is not the VS version. I got it from Kerry (drivewayfarmer).

Any interest?

ps - i'm a second generation Patriots season ticket holder. Grew up 10 miles from the stadium. Pats have always had a tough time with the Broncos ...

Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

My man Kevin! You can always come over to the dark side - orange and blue. Every freaking year we play the PATS ---Brady is always in the way, even in fantasy football! LOL

Anyways, thanks for the reply....I would love to get some cuttings from you. I'll PM

thanks man!

Comment

I just bought 3 CDDGRIES and 3 CDDNoir cuttings. They came from cuttings bought from harvey. They should be good ones. $4 ea. Good price.
        tberes good CDD cuttings on ebay right now some of the better ones like roja. You should take a look. Free is always better.
        2019 FIG LIST
        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Comment

billboard, where did you get your cuttings from? I would love to grab some cddn. PM me if you think there might be some available and if your source is okay with it. Thanks

Comment

I see it on eBay! Thanks for the heads up..,

Comment

You can always get cuttings from harvey's figaholics.com sale in late january.

Very good quality from him.
              Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

I also bought a few cuttings from the Col de Dama varieties. Next growing season I want to look for the Col de Dama Rimada.

3× Col de Dama Grise
                3× Col de Dama Blanca-Negra

Comment

Even from Harvey, with shipping, one CDD Rimada cutting was $35.

If I recall there may be questions surrounding Harvey's CDD Blanca-Negra being correct, along with the Albacore Comuna that came from Pons and possibly reverted, or wrong, to a male plant.

If someone (Ross, Jamie) could chime in to verify my memory.

Mike

Comment

Mike you are correct. A majority of collectors don't have the real CDD B/N. Harvey did secure the real one and Albacor Comuna was a caprif fig(I dumped mine).

Comment

• HarveyC
                      HarveyC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually, there are two different things mixed together See below.

Originally posted by Garlic_Mike View Post
                    Even from Harvey, with shipping, one CDD Rimada cutting was $35.

If I recall there may be questions surrounding Harvey's CDD Blanca-Negra being correct, along with the Albacore Comuna that came from Pons and possibly reverted, or wrong, to a male plant.

If someone (Ross, Jamie) could chime in to verify my memory.

Mike
                    Several people got cuttings sourced from MP around January 2015 of Coll de Dama Blanca-Negra and it seems that MP mislabeled some cuttings but it was not a male plant. That is mixing up two items that I posted about on my Figaholics Facebook page in August. I originally rooted two cuttings of Coll de Dama Blanca-Negra and one of the resulting trees is being cared for by a friend and that may be correct and some of the cuttings I sold came from that tree (someone I sold a tree to that I started from one of my cuttings did have both yellow and black fruit from his tree). The other (larger) tree planted in my orchard had produced a small solid black fig in October 2015 that appeared correct to me but this year with a large crop it was obvious it was Bordissot Blanca-Negra (an outstanding fig). I sold cuttings of Coll de Dama Blanca-Negra for $25 plus $10 shipping (regardless of 1 cutting or 100+ cuttings), MP sold them for 25 Euros. There are others who acquired cuttings at the same time I did that seem to have had the same problem with this variety. I will not be selling Coll de Dama Blanca-Negra cuttings from my larger tree this year as it is now labeled as Bordissot Blanca-Negra (fruit is identical to the two other Bordissot Blanca-Negra trees I have).

The Albacor Comuna tree I have did produce caprifigs this year. MP also reported that one of his Albacor Comuna trees is a caprifig. Whether his mutated or got mixed up, we will never know. I did post that a genetic paper published earlier this year by Japanese researchers revealed that only one gene is involved in differentiating male and female figs. It is possible that a mutation of this one gene can take place or that it may behave differently under different environmental factors (weather, nutrition, etc.) according to a geneticist friend of mine. Kiril (originally from Turkey, then Bulgaria, now Florida) reported that he has a tree that has gone back and forth some years from producing figs and caprifigs. Someone else reported that they had seen an article that discussed the same thing happening. Whether this is what has happened to my Albacor Comuna or not, is unknown.
                    My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Thanks for the reply Harvey!

I have the Albacore Comuna from you growing from last year. I have to look at it, see what happens. Nothing to fret about. Half my yard is to your credit.

Getting it straight/clarity/integrity.

You are the man Harvey!

Thanks again, and again, Mike.

Comment

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Mike. This mystery stuff can be frustrating but there is mostly very good figs to keep me happy.
                    Working...
                    X