X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pppldj
    commented on 's reply
    LTCM, It is a very good fig. I think Celeste is too. I would add it and not replace. The flavor on mine varies. Desirable qualities of this fig, besides taste are productivity, early fruiting and ability to fruit after freeze back. The fig is everbearing. It will produce MANY figs up until frost.

• LTCM
    commented on 's reply
    Is IC really that good? Good enough that I should think about replacing my celeste with improved celeste? I'm in the Atlanta area, very similar zones.

• ChazC
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks I'll do that

• eboone
    commented on 's reply
    NP, not hijacking at all

• pppldj
    replied
    Ed, I apologize to you. I have not intended to Hijack your thread.

Leave a comment:

• pppldj
    replied
    Hi Chaz. I read that you like initials for fig names. Ha Ha. So that being said I believe this is the LSU IC that Dan posted about in his Dan's Cajun Fig blog a few years back, when it was accessible. PM me your address. Pruning will probably be in late November or when ever they go dormant.

Leave a comment:

• ChazC
    replied
    I'd appreciate some cuttings if they are not all spoken for.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• eboone
    replied
    Thanks Johnny!
    Cliff, if I screw up the cuttings, I will let you know! Thanks for the offer!

Leave a comment:

• pppldj
    commented on 's reply
    Hey, You are most welcome. I am glad that I can help you out. Don't forget to pm me your mailing address.

• Mike51050
    replied
    Hi ppp, I appreciate that very much. Thank you very much, mike51050 z5b

Leave a comment:

• Nic40
    commented on 's reply
    Sweet thank you

• eboone
    commented on 's reply
    Johnny - sending you a PM

• eboone
    commented on 's reply
    I am unsure the size, I think it is larger than Celeste, but I am looking for the one that is supposed to start fruiting early, on an approximate par with RdB and Florea.

• pppldj
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Mike. You don't have to have anything to trade. All you need is a mailing address. If your Turkish 208 is small, let it grow. Looking at your wishlist, I will have a small quantity of one more that you seek. I will send you some of those too. I will cut them after they go dormant, which should be in November.

• Mike51050
    commented on 's reply
    Hello pppldj, If there’s any left, I would love to have a couple Improved Celeste and a couple RdB cuttings. I don’t have much to trade but a Turkish 208 That in my frenzy to my addiction to figs, I bought. My zone 5b may be to short here to get figs on them. I’m a newbie,so I might need some advise how to take cuttings off a tree.but your welcome to them. Mike51050

• CliffH
    replied
    Ed, I believe that fig that you are looking for is the IC with the amber pulp inside. About twice the size of a regular Celeste. Right?

Just clarifying as there is a lot of confusion about this fig.

Improved Celeste Pair 1a.jpgImproved Celeste Pair - Interior 1.jpg

CliffH
    Last edited by CliffH; 10-10-2017, 08:45 PM. Reason: Added pictures of the amber interior of what I believe is the tree Improved Celeste.

Leave a comment:

• pppldj
    commented on 's reply
    Send me your address. I see RdB on your list. I need to prune that one too.

• MattCDA
    replied
    I am someone!.......and I have been looking for this one, I would like some of your cuttings......Matt

Leave a comment:

• pppldj
    replied
    Mine need pruning too. I need someone to give some to. This is my most productive fig. Still picking.

Leave a comment:

• jkuo
    commented on 's reply
    Nic, I should be able to set aside some cuttings for you too.

• CliffH
    replied
    Ed - If you have trouble with the cuttings, let me know. I can set an air-layer for you next spring which is fairly early down here. I don't plan to take cuttings off this tree, but could manage a small AL next year.

Leave a comment:

• Nic40
    commented on 's reply
    If you have a few extra I would appreciate it as well

• jkuo
    replied
    I can take care of Improved Celeste cuttings for you. Mine is in need of a pruning.

Leave a comment:

• eboone
    started a topic Improved Celeste (DONE)

Improved Celeste (DONE)

Hi Friends,
    I am looking for an Improved Celeste plant. I have a few air layers available to trade, or cuttings later in the fall from a bunch of varieties. If you have an IC to trade (preferred) or can swap cuttings later in the season (acceptable) - please let me know!
    Last edited by COGardener; 10-12-2017, 09:44 AM.
Working...
X