X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuttings for trade

I've got the following cuttings for trade:
    • Chios Unk - unknown from the Greek island of Chios being grown locally here in PA by the family that brought it with them
    • Izbat An Naj
    • LSU Tiger
    • Lyndhurst White
    • Malta Black
    • Ronde de Bordeaux
    • Scott's Black
    • St. Rita
    • Unk Italian - local find, seems to be an Etna type
    I have a limited number of cuttings from a few other varieties. I'll keep my 2017-8 cuttings inventory in a Google spreadsheet here.

My trade targets are Bourjasotte Grise, Hative d'Argentuil/Native d'Argentile, Maltese Beauty, Negra d'Agde. I'm open to other trades too (not just figs).
    Johnny
    Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Wow! I was just looking at your list!!! How do u keep critters out of your property. I have only 1 Asian pear tree, 3 blueberries, and 1 fig plant, and I got the deers, turkey, raccoons, squirrels, rabbits, skunk, groundhogs stopping by...

Comment

• JustJill
      JustJill commented
      Editing a comment
      Courtney, very good question! I back up to forever wild and have all the same critters. Deer on steroids! Groundhogs with six-packs! Possums , beaver in the wetlands area at the base of the hill, woodpeckers pecking the Cedar siding! Birds everywhere. Two kinds of squirrel ( Black and grey). Moles, voles, chipmunks, raccoons Oh my! How to handle these has me tearing out my hair! In September a groundhog actually ate out the bottom of my husband’s car. Building a cage around the entire yard isn’t possible (or very attractive). If anyone has a solution, I’d really love to hear it!

I do have critters, though apparently not as many as you. Groundhogs wreak havoc on the vegetable garden. Squirrels do pilfer stuff, and catbirds are a menace on the berries. I think it might not be so bad because there's a couple of hawks in the neighborhood. I'm also not averse to trapping pests and giving them swimming lessons.
    Johnny

Comment

It looks like my wishlist has basically been cleared. I'll send out the rest of my cuttings for postage for anyone who wants them. I still have a few cuttings of Izbat An Naj, Italian Honey, Scott's Black, Lyndhurst White, Ronde de Bordeaux, and Chios Unknown. I've got a ton of cuttings of the Unknown Italian.
      Johnny

Comment

Thank you, Johnny for being kind, supportive, generous and giving to newbies. Just when I thought I killed my last fig, along comes Johnny, he sent me a rooted cutting to keep me engaged in rooting. Thank you so much!!!

Comment

I am down to the Unknown Italian cuttings now. The other cuttings are now accounted for.
          Johnny

Comment

Great cuttings, thanks Johnny!
            Nashville, TN Area - Zone 7A
            Wish list: RdB, Craven's Craving, Col Littman's Black Cross, UCR 187-25, Sodus Sicilian, and any great local/unknown figs

Comment

I have everyone's cuttings packaged now for the second round of mailings, but I'm just waiting to ship. It figures that once I got everything packaged, the USPS site would be experiencing technical difficulties. Things will be mailed out as soon as I can access the site and print out the shipping labels.

I also seemed to have ended up with one extra bundle of Izbat an Naj cuttings. So now I am down to a few Izbat and a lot of the Unknown Italian cuttings.
              Johnny

Comment

So appreciate you doing this!
                Cheryl (f/k/a VeryNew2Figs) Zone 5a/6a
                What I'm growing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

So very nice of you Johnny!

Comment

Many thanks!
                    Central Jersey 7A. Pepper Head and Fig Noob.
                    Wish List: Bass' Favorite Fig and CdC Rimada.

Comment

I just wanted to say Hi, I'm down the road from you in New Providence just outside of Quarryville.
                      Perry, zone 6b New Providence PA

Comment

• jkuo
                        jkuo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Welcome! There seem to be a good number of us PA growers on the forum.

First roots from your cuttings. Two little roots above the marker and towards the left. It's the Izbat An Naj. Thank you again!
                      Cheryl (f/k/a VeryNew2Figs) Zone 5a/6a
                      What I'm growing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

• livetaswim06
                        livetaswim06 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's awesome! I started my Izbat on 12/7/17 and still no roots. I fully expect roots this coming week though, I have no idea why...

• grasshopper
                        grasshopper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        because you are developing your fig sense ..
                    Working...
                    X