X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted:col litmans black cross cutting (DONE)

Looking for (1)col Littmans black cross cutting,I have a few air layers,cuttings to trade.
    Pm please,thanks.
    Last edited by Zuny; 01-14-2018, 02:04 PM.

71GTO is selling some cuttings on eBay right now, but you will have some stiff competition.
    Wish List: I need another fig tree like I need a hole in the head.

Comment

I have been on a waiting list for about 14 months. I wish you luck
      Starting collection over due to hard frost and neglect from traveling for work (lost close to 60 varieties). Looking for Sodus Sicilian, and anything else worth while

Comment

You and me both.
        wish list: Colonel Littman's Black Cross

Comment

Forum member Frank D aka FiggyFrank and fdd1212 on eBay had beautiful Col Littmans cuttings on eBay for a number of weeks in September as "buy it now" cuttings and at only $20 a cutting which honestly was not as much a price as it was a give-away ... I agree with Ficus_Vitae .... if you are looking to add this variety, you should closely follow the ebay auction by 71GTO.... I doubt the winning bid will be in the $20 dollar a stick neighborhood but what the heart wants....
          Tony - Zone 6A
          WL- Good Health, a 60 lb Striped Bass, a Boone and Crockett Typical Buck, bushels of ripe Black Madeira figs, bushels of ripe Hachiya and other tasty Diospyros Kaki Persimmons

Comment

• GButera
            GButera commented
            Editing a comment
            Never saw that buyit now for$20. Yep,good price.
            Will keep on looking. Not sure why this one is taken so long to get out there.

• Fygmalion
            Fygmalion commented
            Editing a comment
            A difficult rooter... good grafting candidate and then air layer afterwards....

I have a couple gifted from Frank.

Definitely a slow rooter. About a month in, nothing yet.

Comment

I am growing this variety, a somewhat slow grower compared with black Madeira. I am seeing some figlets develop finally!

Comment

Wow... Last second feeding frenzy on eBay really drove the price of those cuttings up.... Guess someone or two really wanted those cuttings...
              Tony - Zone 6A
              WL- Good Health, a 60 lb Striped Bass, a Boone and Crockett Typical Buck, bushels of ripe Black Madeira figs, bushels of ripe Hachiya and other tasty Diospyros Kaki Persimmons

Comment

I do have some cuttings of Col. Littmans Not sure how many as I still have some to send out to a couple folks. Was holding them for a good trade, but would sell for 71GTO money and just buy what I want.
                Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

I will have air layers available in early Summer as my tree is growing vigorously.

Comment

I have some dwarf mullberry cuttings that i rooted back last summer if interested. I live right up the road from you
                    Independence Louisiana Zone 8B

Comment

They were slow to start, but now seem determined.

IMG_20180120_155209_hdr.jpgIMG_20180120_155317_hdr.jpg

Comment

Done deal on my Col. Litmans Black Cross.Thankyou
                        all for the interesting and colorful comments.

Comment

Was just on the Just Fruits and Exotics website. They show that they currently have 6 Col Litmans Black Cross in stock. Pricey at $39.99, but...

Comment

• Fygmalion
                            Fygmalion commented
                            Editing a comment
                            They are down to 4 now... the shipping added to the cost is what really pushes the price tag up... Then again... $70 bucks for an established plant may not be too high at all...

• danw
                            danw commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ahhhhhh, they won't ship to California, and down to 2 now

• Segun
                            Segun commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for the heads up. I boght one today from JFE less than a pair of cuttings.

All gone, I missed out.
                          Nashville, TN Area - Zone 7A
                          Wish list: RdB, Craven's Craving, Col Littman's Black Cross, UCR 187-25, Sodus Sicilian, and any great local/unknown figs

Comment

There is one on figbid right now...
                            Starting collection over due to hard frost and neglect from traveling for work (lost close to 60 varieties). Looking for Sodus Sicilian, and anything else worth while

Comment

Here for $39.99 you get a tree.

http://www.justfruitsandexotics.com/...ack-cross-fig/
                              Sorry they sold out. Last night they had them now thier out.
                              2019 FIG LIST
                              https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Comment

Working...
                              X