X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madeira KK or I-258 trade for an air layer of my Fico Martana

Hi guys,
    I have a Fico Martana tree, as far as I know I'm one of a few people with this tree. martana.jpg I'd like to air layer off some clones and I'm going crazy trying to get an I-258 or KK's Madeira. I tried rooting an I-258 and had no luck then I bought a tree and it died in transit because of the cold. Full disclaimer I haven't had fruit yet because last summer I acquired the tree and we had a cold summer the fruit never ripened but I'm hoping to get fruit this summer. I'm also willing to trade for other rare varieties but I'm really in search of I-258 or KK's BM.
    Ferdinando or Ferd. Noth Jersey zone 6b.
    WISH LIST Currently growing

I have an I-258. Could we swap at the Staten Island Fig Fest?

Comment

• Ferdinandissimo
      Ferdinandissimo commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be awesome! Let's trade in SI!!

• Tonytone
      Tonytone commented
      Editing a comment
      Bring extras guys...I’ll be at the SI figfest and that fig looks awesome Ferd!

OK sounds good. I'll see you there.!

Comment

If you have an extra one, I have BMKK to swap. I'll also be at SI figfest.

Comment

• Ferdinandissimo
        Editing a comment
        That would be awesome! I'll make a few air layers!

• Petechanr
        Petechanr commented
        Editing a comment
        See you at The Veranda sept 15

Where the picture come from
      My fig list and want list and
      2017 cuttings list.

Comment

• Ferdinandissimo
        Editing a comment
        Great question it's from an Italian website! It says the fig comes from Puglia by the coast is unifera and not much else

Tell us more about this fig, Ferd.
      Ross - Zone 7A - Philadelphia
      My Figs! / Facebook / YouTube

Comment

• Ferdinandissimo
        Editing a comment
        So I bought it from an old man on Long Island who was getting out of figging. I did a search and found an Italian website that says it comes from southern Puglia by the coast but not much else. If I had to guess it probably takes 120 days to ripen. I came so close to having one last year but it dropped

Somewhere I saw cuttings of this tree move for an absurd amount of money but I'm in the fig proliferation camp.

My name is Fico Martana. You killed my father - prepare to die.
      Wish List: I need another fig tree like I need a hole in the head.

Comment

• Ortegojeffrey
        Ortegojeffrey commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahahahaha that made my day

• Psylacus
        Psylacus commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 lol

• nevepo
        nevepo commented
        Editing a comment
        lol☺

Anyone know who this ebay user is? Martana.png

Comment

• ross
        ross commented
        Editing a comment
        That's Olga.

I got kk Madeira and just set an airlayer on my I-258 how is the quality of this particular Fig? I’m also in Nj Toms River to be exact! Hit me up in dm’s

Comment

Ferd... how can you be sure that photo is of your fig though. If it's from some guy in Long Island, it could be anything!
        Ross - Zone 7A - Philadelphia
        My Figs! / Facebook / YouTube

Comment

• ross
          ross commented
          Editing a comment
          Well people ought to know that, but I don't mean to put your fig down in any way. Let me know if you don't get a trade set up for BM (kk).

• Ferdinandissimo
          Editing a comment
          100% good call. I actually might have to bug you for Azores Dark. I'm DYING to get my hands on one of those lol

• ross
          ross commented
          Editing a comment
          At some point everyone can have it, Ferd. I put on 3 air layers this year to get more wood for years coming.

Fico Martana is super rare in the US. Olga has a connection to get some of the most rare from Italy. That would be great if you got the real deal, even better if the figs ripen.

Comment

• Ferdinandissimo
          Editing a comment
          I'm fairly certain that it's the real deal. Unfortunately the old man I sourced it from was on the other forum otherwise I'd try and get his bonafides. He told me he got it from Florida I think.

• Jkanyok
          Jkanyok commented
          Editing a comment
          If he got it from Florida it may have been originally from Olga. Sounds promising! If your I258 trade doesn’t pan out let me know, I have an extra.

I have Craven's Craving, I have an extra plant right now from rooted cutting of Genovese Nero AF which some say is the same as I-258. I have no clue?

Comment

@Jsavkov
          @Petechanr
          Tonytone one
          @Blackfoot12

Hey guys, I'm embarrassed to admit this but I don't think any of my air layers have taken I laid five and I'm seeing roots in them.
          I am going to see what happened, am still going to try and air layer these but IDK what happened. If my air layers aren't ready I'll mail them to you guys when they become ready.

Comment

Wait I had a pretty dumb moment on the side of the foil I didn't check 2 of them rooted let me see if the other 3 will root in time

Comment

K. Let me know. I think I’ll be at the veranda for the Staten Island fest in the 25th with a BMKK to trade it sell if I can.
              Wish list: sangue dolce, HdA, Pasteliere, Luv, CC, colonel littmans,
              Princeton, NJ. Z6B

Comment

Working...
              X