X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonytone
    replied
    K. Let me know. I think I’ll be at the veranda for the Staten Island fest in the 25th with a BMKK to trade it sell if I can.

Leave a comment:

• Ferdinandissimo
    replied
    Wait I had a pretty dumb moment on the side of the foil I didn't check 2 of them rooted let me see if the other 3 will root in time

Leave a comment:

• nevepo
    commented on 's reply
    lol☺

• Ferdinandissimo
    replied
    @Jsavkov
    @Petechanr
    Tonytone one
    @Blackfoot12

Hey guys, I'm embarrassed to admit this but I don't think any of my air layers have taken I laid five and I'm seeing roots in them.
    I am going to see what happened, am still going to try and air layer these but IDK what happened. If my air layers aren't ready I'll mail them to you guys when they become ready.

Leave a comment:

• Jkanyok
    commented on 's reply
    If he got it from Florida it may have been originally from Olga. Sounds promising! If your I258 trade doesn’t pan out let me know, I have an extra.

• Petechanr
    commented on 's reply
    See you at The Veranda sept 15

• drew51
    replied
    I have Craven's Craving, I have an extra plant right now from rooted cutting of Genovese Nero AF which some say is the same as I-258. I have no clue?

Leave a comment:

• ross
    commented on 's reply
    At some point everyone can have it, Ferd. I put on 3 air layers this year to get more wood for years coming.

• Ferdinandissimo
    commented on 's reply
    100% good call. I actually might have to bug you for Azores Dark. I'm DYING to get my hands on one of those lol

• Ferdinandissimo
    commented on 's reply
    I'm fairly certain that it's the real deal. Unfortunately the old man I sourced it from was on the other forum otherwise I'd try and get his bonafides. He told me he got it from Florida I think.

• Tonytone
    commented on 's reply
    Bring extras guys...I’ll be at the SI figfest and that fig looks awesome Ferd!

• Brian M
    replied
    Fico Martana is super rare in the US. Olga has a connection to get some of the most rare from Italy. That would be great if you got the real deal, even better if the figs ripen.

Leave a comment:

• ross
    commented on 's reply
    Well people ought to know that, but I don't mean to put your fig down in any way. Let me know if you don't get a trade set up for BM (kk).

• Ferdinandissimo
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent question. I don't have a 100% ID but the figs I had last year looked like a less ripe version of the fig pictured. So I suppose I can't say with certainty. That being said the guy in LI did have multiple ID tags on the fig. Perhaps I'm assuming too much honesty.

• ross
    replied
    Ferd... how can you be sure that photo is of your fig though. If it's from some guy in Long Island, it could be anything!

Leave a comment:

• ross
    commented on 's reply
    That's Olga.

• Jsavkov
    replied
    I got kk Madeira and just set an airlayer on my I-258 how is the quality of this particular Fig? I’m also in Nj Toms River to be exact! Hit me up in dm’s

Leave a comment:

• Ferdinandissimo
    replied
    Anyone know who this ebay user is? Martana.png

Leave a comment:

• Ferdinandissimo
    commented on 's reply
    That would be awesome! I'll make a few air layers!

• Ferdinandissimo
    commented on 's reply
    So I bought it from an old man on Long Island who was getting out of figging. I did a search and found an Italian website that says it comes from southern Puglia by the coast but not much else. If I had to guess it probably takes 120 days to ripen. I came so close to having one last year but it dropped

Somewhere I saw cuttings of this tree move for an absurd amount of money but I'm in the fig proliferation camp.

• Ferdinandissimo
    commented on 's reply
    Great question it's from an Italian website! It says the fig comes from Puglia by the coast is unifera and not much else

• Psylacus
    commented on 's reply
    +1 lol

• Ortegojeffrey
    commented on 's reply
    Hahahahahaha that made my day

• Ficus_Vitae
    replied
    My name is Fico Martana. You killed my father - prepare to die.

Leave a comment:

• ross
    replied
    Tell us more about this fig, Ferd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X