X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pomogranate - Crimson Sky

I have what is supposed to be Crimson Sky pomegranate. We've had it in the ground for a few years but Houston is not a great place to grow pomegranates. I rooted a bunch of cuttings to plant at our new place. I have more than I need. I'd be willing to trade for another variety, or any other fruit. It has to be suitable for zone 6. These are rooted in 1 gallon pots.
    Currently living in 9b, planting in 6b.
    Working at MetalRainTanks.com
    Wish list: Anything hardy in 6B.

I got one called Entekhabi Saveh that's supposed to be very cold hardy. I'm gonna be chopping off tons of wood this winter if you'd like to try it in zone 6.

Comment

• fig Lebowski
      fig Lebowski commented
      Editing a comment
      I know I would lol

• Ortegojeffrey
      Ortegojeffrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure thing, Dude

• fig Lebowski
      fig Lebowski commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Hit me up when you got some, and let me know what ya want for it then.
      Thanks Man!

I would.

Comment

I have Parfianka, Salavatski and Kazaki. These are all rated zone 6 - 9 the most cold hardy poms. Parfianka is a flavor winner. I've got all I want of the poms, not really looking for a new variety. I can propagate, but don't know how yet. I'd trade for interesting fig cuttings. Looking for flanders, chicago hardy or others that are zone 6 friendly.
      Growing: Listed here http://www.organically.us/p/figs.html Seeking: Black Ischia, Flanders

Comment

• Dean
        Dean commented
        Editing a comment
        My experience has been that pomegranates are as easy or easier than figs to propagate.

• Dean
        Dean commented
        Editing a comment
        Phiggy, Here's what I have that might be interesting to you. Improved Celeste, Brown Turkey, LaRadek's Brown Turkey, Nero's 600M, Olympian, Chicago Hardy, and one I call Sam's. I received cuttings from Sam, living in Chicago. He said his Grandfather brought it back from Italy.

• fig Lebowski
        fig Lebowski commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve heard Salavatski will grow nicely where I am, if you have any good sized cuttings from pruning this year let me know, I would love to try my hand at propagating one or two.

Dean, are you wanting some poms? Im looking for something in the dark berry flavor cat - i think that woud include chicago hardy and sams? How do you like your olympians?
      Growing: Listed here http://www.organically.us/p/figs.html Seeking: Black Ischia, Flanders

Comment

• Dean
        Dean commented
        Editing a comment
        Zone 6 poms would be good. Zone 6 figs, too, that I don't already have. All of the figs I listed are from cuttings I purchased this year so I haven't tasted any of them.

All of my figs are big enough for cuttings. Vdb, and peters honey are z6 friendly, i think. Ill have to look up the rest when i get home. My salavatski and kazake poms are big enough for cuttings. Parfiankas are still tiny, but in a few months they will be big enough too. Lots of green fig ends right now. Loads of trunks for dark wood. Peters honey and panache are the only produceing right now. Others next year, probably. I havent made cuttings yet, so... any education on that?

Comment

Lately, my success rate at rooting fig cuttings is nearly zero. I've had much better success with pomegranate cuttings lately. I am offering pomegranate plants that I grew from cuttings. I am hoping to receive small plants in return. I would consider pomegranate cuttings, but not fig. In my hands they just go to waste. Sorry.

Comment

I have a handful of rooted figs. I think they include strawberry verte, yellow Lebanese, unknown pastilliere, and maybe raspberry latte (I have to check). Growing in half sun in 3 gallon pots. Let me know if interested. I have a handful of poms including desertyni, parfianka, Granada, wonderful, dpun white (experimental?), Ganesh evergreen, red silk, and a variety labeled as yellow (don’t m is what that refers to but it grows well here)

Comment

• Dean
            Dean commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m looking for fruit that’s suitable for in-ground in zone 6B.

I don’t know about their cold hardiness unfortunately. If you know the answer or if you are willing to experiment let me know.

khaled

Comment

Working...
          X