X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BackwoodsSouthernLawyer
    commented on 's reply
    Very disappointing visit. Figs were either not ripe or overripe and bland with perhaps overwatering.

• Smokymist
    commented on 's reply
    I have been known to drive for a good buy on vegetables and fruits to can and dehydrate....I'm in East TN. Hmmmm

• Smokymist
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you !! I would be surprised to find one in Tennessee, but I'll have a look

replied
    Fig and Muscadine signs are up at my local century farm. I need more honey anyway. Going picking this weekend. Old BT trees.

Leave a comment:

• Jkanyok
    commented on 's reply
    Omg I pay $6 a pint for figs! If only it weren’t an 8-hour drive to Atlanta!

replied
    I usually see FB Marketplace and Craigslist add for BT figs by the gallon or pound. I have a century farm 5 crow miles, 8 car, from me who sells u-pick BTs by the pound, along with muscadines, scuppernongs, and apples. They have local honey for $18/Qt which is great for allergies! I’m betting they might have something near you. Or, come on down to the north side of ATL!

Leave a comment:

• crademan
    replied
    If there aren't any figs available for trade, you might be able to find a fig farm within driving distance at Agrilicious http://www.agrilicious.org/local/fig...ssee/nashville

Leave a comment:

• Smokymist
    started a topic Want to trade for , you guessed it, figs !

Want to trade for , you guessed it, figs !

None of my big potted figs produce enough for my project. Having received a huge awesome dehydrator for Christmas I want to dehydrate fruits to take with us on business trips ( healthier snacks ). I can't find any figs locally. Would anyone have some for trade ? I'm talking the actual fruit. Someday I hope mine will be big enough to produce what I need. In trade, I'm a canner...and I have been canning sweet pickle relish and chow chow , apple butter, and blackberry jam, this summer...I'm in East TN, and don't mind driving a few hours even for a big enough box of figs. I know everyone probably keeps their figs, because who wouldn't, but I thought I would just ask in case anyone has an over abundance. Thanks !
Working...
X