X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Paradiso bronze vs

I think the title says it all, I have a couple of things I could trade for or whatever.
    Thanks!

My Paradiso Bronze vs is absolutely loaded with fruit from a 1st year cutting. My first fruit is ripening now from it and will have one cutting when it is done fruiting.

Comment

I haven’t been as successful with cuttings as I would like to be.

Comment

• crademan
        crademan commented
        Editing a comment
        Lebowski, this winter all my fig cuttings put out little rootlets and promptly died after I potted them. It was disheartening. Our Figs members told me too much water in the soil mix can be fatal.

• fig Lebowski
        fig Lebowski commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, from what I’ve been told green cuttings like the water and dormant cuttings do not. It seems to have been some solid advice at this point. The biggest reason why a lot of expensive trees are so expensive is because they don’t root easily.

At first I got beat up myself until I changed my mix then all was good and stayed at about an 80% success rate.

Comment

Yeah it’s crazy.. I’ve been rooting green cutting, all my ones that are unknowns that I’ve found, or just variaties only I would really want root just fine, but my ones that I’m like” yeah.. this is going to eventually make me a little extra money to support my habit” those all die.
        im probably around 80% right now too.. just because of sheer volume... but the ones I really want are dying and the ones that people just give me seem to grow like weeds.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. Many of my expensive ones have died but we all know how hard BM is to root and I did root one and lost one. I now just pay the price for the harder ones and bought the plants from Wills. Some top notch easy to root cuttings for me have been Violet Sepor, Bourjasotte Noire, Socorro Black, and Cavaliere.

Comment

By the time I have a BM that’s shaped the way I want it and big enough to make Cuttings/AL’s off it I’m sure it won’t be worth anything lol. That’s just my luck.

Comment

i don't know what ISO means but if you want a bunch of cuttings we could talk.
              susie,
              burner of trees

Comment

• fig Lebowski
                fig Lebowski commented
                Editing a comment
                ISO=In Search Of. I was hoping for someone with a small tree but I’ll take what i can get. Although I don’t think you will want to trade with me Susie Burner of Trees, I have a few trees that show sign of FMV so I just assume all my trees have it.

• susieqz
                susieqz commented
                Editing a comment
                ok, wills has that tree.

Hey Dude, it's a good fig. I can root one for you. PM me in the spring if you haven't found one by then and I'll have one to send you.

Comment

• fig Lebowski
                fig Lebowski commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks man, Iappreciate it!

This thread is Done...

Comment

Working...
              X