X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Want a F Palmata Plant?

I have a couple of F. palmata plants in gallon containers with about 2 feet of growth that looks beautiful. These were grown here from the real tiny 3 inch tall starts obtained from the nursery in NC that calls them ICEBOX variety and claims they may die back to ground here in Zone 7b but re sprout every year.I have several here as ornamentals and they truly are.Growth is amazingly vigorous and I believe could be a vigorous rootstock even here if grafts were placed low and graft union site and all the palmata stock were planted underground,which I will try here.This year my in ground ones handled drought well, and also stood up to the massive hurricane rains later! I would swap these for figs I want,or maybe other fruit trees like certain plums.Wanted figs listed above in previous post,plums ,am open to suggestions but consider Italian prune,King of damsons,Blues jam, etc. could also use a good MALE arguta plant of substantial size like a quart or gallon container.
    Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST BURGAN UNK, ZAFFIRO,

Nope..

Comment

I would love to have them as I also have the rootstock idea. I hear it is resistant to TMV as well. Too bad I am in California.
      Northern CA 9b W L- Ponte Tresa, White Madeira#1, Lampiera Prusch, Thermolito, Calabacita, Prat st. U. Rigato del Salento Pb

Comment

Working...
      X