X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC BYRON
    replied
    How have everybodies trees from richters been in terms of being true to type? I have an improved celeste, LSU purple and a ronde de bordeaux that need to prove themselves and are on their second year now

Leave a comment:

• Shaun
    replied
    My 6 from Richters. I will have to up-pot at some point fairly soon. I am thinking of going straight to 5 gallon buckets since I am not worrying about fruit for a while - and that would mean less frequent watering when things get dry here. The upper leaves were starting to get a bit lighter in the last week or so, so I fertilized them (assuming it is a bit of nitrogen deficiency).

Lots to learn but the journey has started

Leave a comment:

• BC BYRON
    replied
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/600567...f=group_browse

Leave a comment:

• richardk
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks so much Anna your such a great person. You are always super helpful and generous. Don't hesitate to let me know if you ever need anything!! ​​​​​​​

• moonlight
    commented on 's reply
    I see.

• richardk
    replied
    No white Marseilles is similar but not exactly the same. I have one of your Lattarulla cuttings that is a tree now

Leave a comment:

• moonlight
    commented on 's reply
    How soon do you need it Richard ?
    White Marseilles is Lattarula isn't it ?

• richardk
    replied
    Technically your not supposed to buy try to explain that to the guy and his neighbor living on Canusa street

https://youtu.be/EocJm3Dry4E

Leave a comment:

• Figgerlickinggood
    replied
    Does Canada and United States government allow agriculture purchasing and trading with each other or will they show up at your door and confiscate it?

Leave a comment:

• richardk
    replied
    I'm looking for a White Marseilles for a friend of mine. I'ts quite funny because I had 2 last year and I gave them away in a futile attempt to lessen my fig tree numbers (Failed attempt). If anybody knows where I can buy from or even I can trade I have many varieties let me know. I already checked Ritchers, Figsforlife.ca and brugmansia they don't have it.

Leave a comment:

• Figuerole
    replied
    Anyone in Ottawa have the variety Desert King? I would love a cutting.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoJoe
    commented on 's reply
    True that. I think for some of their stuff they're wholesale distributors so can deep discount.

I have to re-investigate these soil operations who do custom mixes for cannabis growers. If I can get a custom blend by the yard that would be cool

• BC BYRON
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe the fert was good price but the 3.8 bags of growing medium where crazy expensive. Maybe it is just because they are so expensive to ship

• TorontoJoe
    replied
    OK - If you take a 11 kg bag of Jack’s 20-20-20 fert....Always a rip off in Canada... but please tell me where I can get an equivalent to that here for a better price.... I have no idea. Even considering shipping .... I can’t get MG for that price.... can I?

Leave a comment:

• BC BYRON
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn't say shipping is free... Check out some of the prices. They are double the cost of same product in retail store, shipping is juat part of the price

• TorontoJoe
    commented on 's reply
    Without total climate control, I think Breba producers might be the only option... But I would love to be proved wrong.

One can grow anything with a good hot-house and the resources to heat it.

• Rickyv101
    commented on 's reply
    His growing zone is 3-4, with only 1700 GDD , only breba, too low for MT Etna fig tree main crop, very difficult.
    It is crazy to grow fig at NWT, it is Zone 2-3, with only 1000GDD, Growing season is very short, not wise for fig but fine for some GH vegetables. My best friend, she came from there. She like NWT wild berries.
    Even Tomatoes need about 1300GDD.
    Last edited by Rickyv101; 06-08-2020, 10:40 PM.

• TorontoJoe
    replied
    Finding supplies in Canada can be a pain... And sometimes when we can they're bloody expensive.... I came across this place

https://indoorgrowingcanada.com

I picked up some fertilizer for a decent price and they have free shipping over $100 CANADIAN

It's my first experience with them and I haven't even received the product... so not a review.... just a supplier to Canada where it's often hard to get the good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoJoe
    replied
    Originally posted by BananaOfThePrairies View Post
    Hi, I am new to growing figs. I am in Saskatchewan Canada so i cant really but local. I am looking to buy some VERY fast ripening and cold hardy figs and Hardy Kiwi.
    I just came back to post on another topic...My friend... I know of people growing in the NWT.... But with a greenhouse.... Do you know your growing zone? I'll search for a video I recall of a guy growing Etna's in the ground right against his house in Edmonton... He still needed to bury them.

I'm sure it can be done.... but it's going to be work... My suggestion is that you concentrate on a few good trees that you can pour your efforts into. Certtain Etna's, Atreano and Perretta and Nordland if you can get your hands on them.

Leave a comment:

• BananaOfThePrairies
    replied
    Hi, I am new to growing figs. I am in Saskatchewan Canada so i cant really but local. I am looking to buy some VERY fast ripening and cold hardy figs and Hardy Kiwi.

Leave a comment:

• BananaOfThePrairies
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, do you still have this? I currently have no figs as i am just getting started.

• Ptrinochilus
    commented on 's reply
    thanks, i'll look into that

• Rickyv101
    commented on 's reply
    You can buy it from Richters herb, it is sold out now, however, you need to book it early January/February.
    https://www.richters.com/Web_store/w...ogue_button=Go
    or you can buy it from fig for life, Most of them sold out as well
    https://figsforlife.ca/plants/

or you can buy it from Pino, he might have some left
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/saracej/orderfigtrees.htm
    Last edited by Rickyv101; 05-31-2020, 02:10 AM.

• Ptrinochilus
    replied
    Hi,
    I'm new here. I have been growing figs since last year. I currently have a brown turkey and one white honey in pots. I am looking to add some more variety to my garden (maybe Peter's honey, black mission, osbourne prolific, but open to suggestions). Does any of you guys have some cuttings or small trees for sale? Is there any reliable nursery that sells and ship figs? I'm in the ottawa region.

Thanks a lot
    ClΓ©ment

Leave a comment:

• ryanfig
    commented on 's reply
    Oh probably not... I'm basically never on there. But nice to meet you!
Working...
X