X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Lyon from Gardencrochet

Does anyone have this variety? I’m patient, I just would like some cuttings after this growing season.
    Tom V. from San Diego, Ca. Wishlist: Capoll Curt Negra, Cardenillo, Patlican, Sanguinato, San Biagio, Unknown Pastiliere

I have it, but not from Gardencrochet. Remind me later in the year and I will hook you up
    PPP
    Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

• ZomVee
      ZomVee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

• pppldj
      pppldj commented
      Editing a comment
      Urw!

I was planing on throwing on a air layer after the rain passes.
    If you have anyting to trade shoot me a PM

Comment

Would that be the same a Lyon France?
      Cheryl (f/k/a VeryNew2Figs) Zone 5a/6a
      What I'm growing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Yes. Lyon France is where the fig was found.
        PPP
        Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of the Lyons fig or any info about it.
          "gene"
          Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

UNK Lyon is a Mt. Etna type. I got my first few figs off of it in late October of last year. They had a very nice berry flavor. It is carrying one breba this year. It is still a smallish tree and I am looking forward to what it produces this year. I expect it to produce much earlier this year. The leaves are typical of Mt. Etnas. I have never eaten any other Mt. Etna to compare with other than Malta Black, which I do not see as a Mt. Etna as the leaves and fruit appear much different.
            PPP
            Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

PawPaw Gene Check out the 7th image link down on mnedelcu's post and further on down the page Sas' posts. Gardencrochet's picture on eBay looked a little different, but its probably the same fig.

http://figs4funforum.arghchive.com/p...k-yard-7739754
              Tom V. from San Diego, Ca. Wishlist: Capoll Curt Negra, Cardenillo, Patlican, Sanguinato, San Biagio, Unknown Pastiliere

Comment

Ahh, yes. Sas included a cutting along with a donated plant. (Many thanks again!) Last year I got one ripe fruit. It was actually way over ripe because I had become paranoid about picking too early. It was so good. Tasted like juicy fruit gum. Hope to get more like that this year.

Comment

• ZomVee
                  ZomVee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now I'm more committed to growing it! That sounds delicious. I purchased two cuttings last year, (my noobie year) killed the cuttings, but in the back of my mind I was thinking about getting some more. Then Wills' cutting sale came along, Harvey's sale and my introduction to figbid, but no one was selling it so I forgot about it in my noobie excitement.

I'm careful about making promises, but I'll keep you in mind for an air layer or cuttings if I can.

Comment

• ZomVee
                  ZomVee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah no worries and no promises please, I’m stressing about the air layers I’ve promised already. 😅😅😅

I just got one
                Its a couple years old. Should get a few fruits from it this year. It was very slow to wake up. My slowest (out of over 30) in fact. may make it pretty immune to spring frosts.
                Soccer playing, whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, dark fig eating woman
                married to my best friend, the same uber tolerant man, for 29 years
                Zone 7a

Comment

ZomVee I have a 1 yr old Lyon and it was a vigorous grower last year. It's been outside for three weeks and already grew a few inches. There is a branch or two that need pruning so if you don't find it, I can set an airlayer.
                  Romeo
                  Zone 6B. Lehigh Valley, PA

Comment

My family on my mother's side decended from the Lyon family and I wouldn't mind if I could find a cutting.

I have these to trade:

Cajun Gold ( much like LSU Gold but more productive)
                    O'Rourke
                    Native Black
                    Smith
                    Black Celeste
                    Scott's Black
                    Improved Celeste
                    Olympian
                    Alma

"gene:"
                    Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

Working...