X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF LSU Tiger

Ivhear they are an early fig with some degree of cold hardiness. Let me know what you have.
    Thx
    Such little time so much to learn
    zone 7a New Cumberland Pa
    Hoping for Global Warming changing my 7A to an 8 😊

Trees of joy.

Comment

I have an air layer
      i haven’t checked to see if it took
      Attached Files
      Zone 7a
      Wish list Souadi, moscatel preto, campaniere

Comment

• SalNick
        SalNick commented
        Editing a comment
        Great. Please Let me know if it took and since your close I can pick it up. Thx

Let me know if you can’t find one I’ve got a sucker that just broke ground and I’ll likely AL it. it’s going to be a minute though.
      Wish list. Cul Noir, CC, Thermolito, BFF, Bornisotte BN, Paratjal Rimada, CdD Mutante, BI-39, Exquisito, Camuna sB, Sodus Sicilian, Souadi, WM#1, IC

Comment

• SalNick
        SalNick commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like blaze might have one. Thx

If you don't get one this summer, let me know. I will send you some cuttings late this fall.
      Texas (N. Houston area) - zone 8b
      Wish List: Bass' Fav, Col Littman's Black Cross, Rubado, GM-172, and GM-25

Comment

• SalNick
        SalNick commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

And I have some green cuttings showing roots, another option if you are interested. A couple have started a new leaf

Tiger is a good variety, but not especially hardy - my first one, a three year old, died in its first winter in ground with protection.
      Ed
      SW PA zone 6a

Comment

• SalNick
        SalNick commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe Blaze has one for me. I would keep in pot. I have HC I ground and just planted impr celeste. Might try an etna. If Blazes air layer doesn’t pan out I’ll give you a shout and thank you.

• MrC
        MrC commented
        Editing a comment
        eboone I just put one in ground (palm to forehead)

SalNick - if HC you mean Hardy chicago, that I believe is the well known wide spread Mount Etna type. Some say Malta Black is a slightly different type of that group, so you may shoot for something like that.

MrC
      You could try protecting it really well, or put in back in a pot! If you keep it in ground do a backup
      Ed
      SW PA zone 6a

Comment

• SalNick
        SalNick commented
        Editing a comment
        I do have a Malta black but it’s brand new this year. I’m trying to stay with varieties that ripen early and are somewhat cold hardy. Will be planting them inground when I make extras 😊

• MrC
        MrC commented
        Editing a comment
        Ed, I have a Black Bethlehem and I’ve seen it compared to Malta Black. Would you say it is similar to Malta Black? They looked very similar in you report on 2018 in ground figs.

I picked up a black Bethlehem from wills along with a Angelo dark. Both air layers but have not received them yet
      Such little time so much to learn
      zone 7a New Cumberland Pa
      Hoping for Global Warming changing my 7A to an 8 😊

Comment

Working...
      X