X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to fig hobby, looking for a little help

I am new to the hobby....I was looking for kind members who could spare cuttings to whatever they feel are good figs for a newby. I would pay for the shipping to anyone wanting to share and help me expand my small collection. I did buy a Figo Preto, Cole de dame Remada plants on figbid , expensive. I have no practice sprouting grafts and would like some practice without breaking the bank. I am in zone 10b Whittier California and I think I do have the wasp, I have lots of other fruit trees but ran out of planting space. I was so excited to know figs did well in pots! Ive noted that this is a great and supportive community. Thank you so much advance for your help. 👍🏼😊 Lincoln
    Last edited by whittierfig; 10-23-2019, 10:07 AM.
    Whittier, Ca. USA zone 10b

Welcome Lincoln !

Comment

• whittierfig
      whittierfig commented
      Editing a comment
      Ty. A very nice community you guys have here

Welcome Lincoln. I lived a few miles from Whittier. I can get you some practice cuttings during dormant season, probably Jan-Feb where we lived
    -David
    David
    Los Angeles CA zone 10B
    Want list: campaniere Azores Dark

Comment

• whittierfig
      whittierfig commented
      Editing a comment
      Can’t wait till my plants get big enough so I can pay it forward. Cheers and much thanks David
      Last edited by whittierfig; 10-24-2019, 02:39 AM.

I can share a few spare plants I have. I am in Pasadena.
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Calderona, De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Bass’ Favorite Fig

Comment

• whittierfig
      whittierfig commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that’s very generous. Let me know what days preferably weekends work for you and I’ll come by. Again ty so much. Cheers. Linc

I have a mother tree that's going to be cut down dramatically later in the year. If you don't mind fresh cuttings that are lignified to semi lignified I can send you some for shipping or you can come pick them up. It's an unknown variety you can see a thread I had made a while ago
    ​​​​https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...ings-available

Wish List: CdD Mutante, BNR, Golden Riverside (BenB)/Golden Rainbow , White Madeira #1, Col. Littman's Black Cross or Cravens Craving,

Comment

• whittierfig
      whittierfig commented
      Editing a comment
      Ty that would be great. Unknown but Must be a good fig if your keeping it in ground. I’ll try to see if I can stop by next weekend. I’ll let you know later in the week when I know my schedule. Thanks again👍

Welcome to Ourfigs Lincoln! Appears you are receiving great help from growers in your area, nice to see. Enjoy your visits to the forum and have fun with figs. Good luck!🤞😉
    Ed B. West Coast of Michigan L.P. 6a/6b

Comment

Linkoln, please PM me so we can discuss the details.
      USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Calderona, De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Bass’ Favorite Fig

Comment

Just wanted to say welcome !

Comment

Welcome to the forum Lincoln
          Brenda East Tn. wishlist: Cravens craving

Comment

Hello, I wanted to thank you all for your warm welcome and especially Igor (greenfig) for his generous donation of several fig plants. With those and what Ive bought I believe Im set as an established collector of fig plants and and am excited to start discovering and sharing my experiences on this site. TY all again and especially TY to Mr. greenfig.also member 599gh888. Lincoln
            Whittier, Ca. USA zone 10b

Comment

Hey,Lincoln best you get fig varieties better suited to your CA location than my kinds .BUT I can send you a free yellow passionfruit plant that can do OK in a big container with a tall stake to climb. on.Want it?
              Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST BURGAN UNK, ZAFFIRO,

Comment

• whittierfig
                whittierfig commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank You for the generous offer, I think Im sticking to figs and avocado trees. not a lot of room left ty Lincoln

well Whittier avocados are really great to have., cost a buck each in stores here for crappy ones.Down south at my place the women take a real ripe one and smash/massage it into their hair as a shampoo I lack hair, so I simply eat ones they bring me with a little lime and salt!. Sure goes great with langostas.
              Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST BURGAN UNK, ZAFFIRO,

Comment

Hi Lincoln,
                I am also new to planting fig. I have a Panache Tiger that I can give you some cuttings. I am in North Orange County. PM me if you are interested.
                I also want to thank 599gh888 for giving me a tree this week.

Comment

Working...
                X